2021 Baseball Season Stuff

Well F*ck me dead. On to tomorrow

Is it just me or does every UVa player swing for the fences on EVERY swing?

3 Likes

all about exit velocity these days ha

We have our bottom of the order swinging like they need to hit a HR like their life depends on it.

Must be all afraid that O’Connor is going to give them the bunt sign otherwise

1 Like

That last one was a line drive HR

1 Like

Well, looks like we only score via home runs, haha. So I guess it worked out they were taking all those big hatchet swings

2 Likes

I wish we could’ve gotten a 1-2-3 top of the 9th instead of giving off a lead-off hit. Ugh.

1 Like

Ugh…

Why no Schoh? Hurt?

1 Like

Make them hit the ball. This is crazy

That… strike three… was lucky & clutch at the same time. That could’ve gone either way.

3 Likes

Please don’t get behind 3-1 again. For my sake.

Edit: Phew 2-2 at least

Edit: Strikeout. He heard me. I take credit.

6 Likes

I take part of the credit. They made me very nervous and pissed,lol

5 Likes

Nice job bringing us home!

9 Likes

Assuming no changes, Game 3 will be at 1:00 on ESPNU tomorrow.

The winner advances to the College World Series where they’ll open with Tennessee.

11 Likes

NC State wins at Arkansas in Game 3 to go to their first CWS since 2013.

Arkansas was a huge favorite in the tourney.

Major, major upset.

14 Likes

nah, i’m assuming they want him for up to 3 innings today. Starting with Savino, and I would assume then Wyatt, Schoch, maybe Vasil, would be the guys we call upon. Neeck could pitch, too. Even Whitten could go again, but i didn’t feel amazing about him yesterday…

Best case is like 5-6 innings from Savino, and MAYBE just going right to Schoch? Or one of the other guys above for an inning or two (esp. if it’s 5 or less from Savino). And if he gets in trouble you have those other guys? I know Wyatt was amazing his last game but we’ve never seen anything like that before (as opposed to McGarry, who we knew had that sort of stuff but had just struggled to consistently throw strikes).

3 Likes

Yeah I assumed they were setting Schoch up for maximum usage today, then they mentioned how gassed he was after last weekend. Was just worried about there being a today for a bit.

1 Like

Insane result that I didn’t really expect after State’s first game agains the Razorbacks. I thought they might just call the series then.

3 Likes