2021 Basketball Recruiting

I find myself forgetting that JAR and Carson were coming off significant injuries that cost them much of their senior years of high school. Having to rehab, probably at home, and then having the early part of team activities be “non contact” doomed learning the pack line and likely cemented that neither would see significant minutes.

8 Likes

I think if Casey were 6’5 then he would be able to drive more efficiently and finish and therefore contribute more. However the fact that he’s 6’2, is average at driving, shooting and ball handling that’s not the best recipe. All we can do is pray that he continues to develop and ONLY take guys like him if he is a 6’5 slasher or If we stick with anybody at 6’2 they MUST stretch the defense… With that said Kihei and Reece are copies of him and not copies of Kyle Guy or Ty. The guys that *may be copies of them are Carson and Jabri which could really give us a boost right now if they were ready.

2 Likes

Equates to roster turnover I’m afraid!

NO doubt if Casey was 6’5 6’6 he’d be Malcom or Justin like given how built he is already. His overall athleticism isn’t anything mind blowing, so he could still have trouble finishing at the rim, but he’d at least have a better chance to get some shots off.

Come on…look at Devon, Ty, KG, Brogdon and Harris in the NBA… the silliness over Casey not developing being on the staff is just that… silly…

2 Likes

In respect to Keels recruitment it’s not, which is all I was referring to, not some long development history of Tony. So no, it’s not silly

No one knows anything about Keels recruitment…

1 Like

We develop guys that can shoot

2 Likes
17 Likes

Lol.

3 Likes

I think they played AAU together on that loaded Wisconsin team.

6 Likes

keels committing on april 4

8 Likes

Who said selection sunday couldn’t get more interesting??

1 Like

Was wondering how John Calipari would try to grab attention during Final Four weekend when his team isn’t in the tournament.

The 4th and not April Fools. I’m shocked.

1 Like

Easter Sunday between the Final Four and Championship games. Interesting timing.

2 Likes

Slater knows stuff and we know Tony didn’t coach at Hofstra…Jay Wright did. At least it’s not Duke

Easter Sunday, eh?

Well, Keels is probably Nova-bound, but if ever there was a day for hopes rising from the dead…

3 Likes

Can’t tell if he actually knows or is a part of the Duke insider echo chamber since that is where he used to be based off of.

1 Like

I bet he’s Villanova bound