2021 Basketball Recruiting

Yeah, my money is on Villanova too.

I do find it interesting that he calls himself a shooting guard there when word on the street was that he wanted to play the point because that’s where he thought his NBA future was.

1 Like

What does “Tremondous” mean?

3 Likes

It’s French for good at basketball

6 Likes

Both Duke and Villanova reached out to Al Durham. A Duke commit seemed to signal they got a commitment from someone. Anyone want to try to interpret if these signs signal anything with respect to Keels?

From what I’ve heard, Keels hasn’t notified any of the schools where he’s going. Which for anybody that’s kept track of this thing isn’t surprising. They’re keeping secrecy to the finish line. I don’t know if he necessarily negates Duke or Villanova from looking for another guard though. Especially Villanova, could see them having defections.

4 Likes

Where’s this latest swell of Nova chatter from then. Their camp? Dukes camp?

Lack on any UVA chatter just status quo from our side?

One of the 3 Duke 247 Insiders that switched Duke to Nova last week flipped his prediction back to Duke this am. Am really beginning to think none of these guys have a clue and that maybe Keel’s camp is/will put several whispers out to certain people to keep everyone on skates the next 3 weeks.

2 Likes

That decision date certainly screams Duke or Kentucky. Especially in a year they aren’t in the tournament.

They’re all going to switch back to Duke. Birds of a feather

1 Like

To me, this bodes well for us. We also kept things hush, hush with Murray. Keep in mind, I felt the opposite when everyone was hearing Keels was about to commit to UVA and Duke had just offered. I think things are coming full-circle!

2 Likes

Three weeks is a long lead time to keep things quiet. Must be pretty confident in their shadow games or truly only an inner circle that’s aware.

Think anything right now is noise.

1 Like

I feel like he knows where he’s going now. However, I wouldn’t expect a lot of deception like we saw once Duke offered and became heavily involved. His inner circle has tightened things up!

It’ll leak, always does, probably the week of the announcement we’ll see national guys start dropping crystal balls.

I would usually agree but I’m not sure with Keels. I give credit to him and those around him keeping people guessing. Saw last night Williford followed his new Twitter account. To me, like HGN said, no one knows yet. Makes no sense to follow him if you know he’s headed elsewhere.

11 Likes

Also Josh Christopher was less than a year ago. That one clearly didn’t leak

1 Like

Yeah, I was wondering about that decision date too. Is it possible he’s still choosing between UK and Duke and just waiting to see who declares for the draft from those two teams now that the season is over for them?

For all the drama, wherever he goes, he better average about 30 PPG.

3 Likes

I’m actually really looking forward to the keels announcement. It will be mildly amusing for me to see those of you who seem not to have gotten the message that he definitely isn’t coming to uva have your unrealistically high hopes and sweet dreams crushed before your innocent childlike eyes like the day you found out about the Easter bunny or learned about income taxes. I look forward to bathing in your tears. Or if he commits to uva, then I guess that would be ok too.

2 Likes

Hold up what are u saying about the Easter bunny :pleading_face:

16 Likes