2021 Basketball Recruiting

Did he get an Escalade too? By the way thats pretty cool his grandson on the team

5 Likes

He’s the designated sharpie retriever.

1 Like

If Duke pairs Baldwin with Banchero and Roach stays they’ll be right back in the top 10 next year. For UNC I think Roy just missed on guards too many classes in a row. Their young guards are talented and as those kids mature the Heels should be back in contention. Not sure if that will be next year or the year after. That being said being down 3 years in a row would be way off the standard for UNC.

1 Like

Baldwin is a good shooter but his defense still leaves a lot to be desired apparently. Would be Jayson Tatum without the footwork that burned us. They would still need another proven shooter outside Baldwin and Steward (if he comes back next year). UNC got screwed over with trying to do the one and done thing when they have always benefited from 3-4 year players, just more taleneted out of HS 3-4 year players. Also Love is a weird fit.

Don’t think there is any way a team with Roach, Steward, Baldwin, and Banchero isn’t top 10 unless next year college basketball is just way better overall than it’s been the last two years. Banchero is a monster and if he gets space to operate no one is stopping him at the college level.

1 Like

Banchero is a monster but a lot of talk is that he is going to play the mobile 5 at Duke (sorry Mark Williams). He’s an athlete who can hold his own but rebounding might still be an issue with only one true big (Baldwin being on the perimeter/a better matthew hurt). Also Coach K has to actually develop the returners in order for them to improve and mesh together.

2 Likes

Duke article on Keels being of “utmost importance” for 2021 recruiting class due to his 3 point shooting and noting his monster stats in recent games. Article doesn’t shed any new light on his recruitment status

2 Likes

Although I feel like we aren’t in very good shape I would still love to have him. I watched the highlights of PaulVI and Dematha yesterday. Although Dematha won Keels was a scoring machine. Hitting 3s and scoring off the drive, he was scoring from all over. I know this was just highlights but it was over 10 minutes of the game. He can drive and score almost at will .Uses his body well and has some good moves

1 Like

I also forgot to add how well he passes the ball. Made several nice passes

1 Like

Any word on what’s the latest with Efton Reid? Feel like it’s been a minute since we heard any developments with him and we obviously need another big.

2 Likes

Not gonna happen is the short of it.

“Youth has to be developed… our program, we are not accustomed to that”.

Ummmmmmmm what? Someone share this with Keels and his camp please.

https://twitter.com/ArmstrongABC11/status/1359293628984791040?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1359293628984791040|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fduke%2Fboard%2Fduke-blue-devils-basketball-message-board-101614%2F

6 Likes

Not going to happen regarding Efton or Keels?

I would have thought our move away from mover blocker and the role our bigs are play this year might have cracked that door open again - are other programs just that good at marketing against us re: treating our bigs like traffic cones?

2 Likes

I was talking about Reid. Recruiting gets complicated the longer it goes. They haven’t been that involved with him since last summer. Most of the original schools have long since dropped out. And at this point UVA is looking for something different anyway, a better athlete. Shedrick/Hauser is the frontcourt formula going forward, at least through this '22 class. Add in another jumbo wing like Murphy to slide down occasionally.

6 Likes

Yeah I would take another Trey Murphy transfer or an experienced banger immediately. However you mention Kadin, which at this point is still a bit early to know what he will be, due to redshirt and then ailments this season. What about another Jay Huff?

2 Likes

Just point out the 7 footer that will do what Jay’s doing and any team in the country will spend 5 years waiting on it.

8 Likes

HGN, how does the lack of progress that we’ve seen from Morsell to this point impact things with Keels or is it even a factor?

I mean, I’m sure people in his league and AAU program aren’t pleased with how things have gone for Casey, who in fairness has had his chances.

But because he hasn’t really developed into the player most expected, that would also create a bigger path to immediate playing time for someone like Keels.

Any thoughts?

7 Likes

yeah it’s a real jam. You nailed it. Best chance for UVA to have an appealing situation for Keels is for certain players, Casey above all, to not solidify their role for next year. And yet, if Morsell is seen as behind schedule that’s held against us with Keels. It’s really hard for UVA to come out on top.

6 Likes

Kind of what I figured. Thanks.