2021 Basketball Recruiting

The Brotherhood, good grief with the bs. Plus if he’s serious about defense, K has taught defense in a decade

6 Likes

So true! He used to have really strong defensive teams! However, I imagine there’s not much commitment to defense nor buy-in from the prospects he signs. Too pampered!

“Villanova is only a few hours from home, it is the closest of all three.”

He’s from Fairfax right?

1 Like

Well we all know 29 is like a 5 hour ride so…

1 Like

maybe its like the commercial with the Heisman House where you go visit and Laettner is there pickin on Bobby and everyone bows when Grant walks in while Bias sits around pontificating…

2 Likes

Maryland. He goes to school in NOVA but he is north of DC.

2 Likes

I think the tide is turning with Keels! I really do.

2 Likes

Nah. I’d still put us 3rd. Duke is Duke and Nova is gonna have the most opportunity for PT, especially at the point. He knows pretty much what our roster will look like come spring. It’s obvious how things shake out with the other two will determine the choice. We’re not out of it but clearly the fallback plan that would need things to break our way with the other two rosters in order to win out.

He can start right away for Jay Wright and maybe even get majority of those minutes at the point. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t end up at Nova.

The NBA comments are encouraging to me. Have to think a priority for him is which school would prepare him best for the NBA. We are becoming one of those schools with success of Hunter, Harris, and Brogdon.

1 Like

I think it’s accumulative! The success Brogden, Harris, and Hunter, are having. The change in our offensive schemes, along with CTB’s development of the last two teams, Duke’s current quagmire, and COVID all contribute. Villanova is probably the biggest threat due to playing time. However, there are very subtle comments and actions that I think could indicate this could swing back to UVA. Even though logic says that’s not going to happen, but gut says otherwise.

He should K about how the brotherhood was when one of their stars found out the other star got a bigger bag than he did.

2 Likes

If Tenn gives their recruits McDonalds bags full of cash, does Duke use Zaxby’s or Cook Out bags?

@HoozGotNext Is there any smoke to the Justin Taylor 2021 reclass? I know a while ago there was that ominous instagram post which was misinterpreted and then there have been people on several boards alluding to such as a possibility over the last few weeks.

Film of Justin at the wooten camp (against top 150 recruits in 2021 and 2022). He was on the same team as Trey Kaufman.

I’ve talked about this on the VIP board a while back. There’s rumors that Justin could move up and come to UVA, and one very credible outside source told me people have mentioned it to him. But I’ve also investigated it a little and if it’s being done it’s not happening the way that every other past case has. So probably not. And UVA sources say he’s nowhere close to making a decision. Petty emphatic about that actually.

1 Like

Got it. Yeah a lot of schools are already projecting a lot of playing time that far out (Hokies and Syracuse). He may also want to wait it out and see if he can get offers from UNC and Duke since both schools have reached out to him and STAB. Even if those programs are a shell of their former selves the offers still mean a lot for someone who grew up with those programs as being the legends of college basketball.

I don’t really buy the “Duke and UNC are shells of their former selves” argument in either a recruiting or on court product argument.

3 Likes

How many years do K and Droopydawg have left? Duke’s AD is retiring this summer. Transitions from HOF coaches seldom work out well in the short term.

1 Like

That’s fair. They have had down years back to back now and it stands to see whether this is a trend, even though both have still won natties in the last 5-6 years. Will be interesting if they still have a great season in them left or if it’s more of a Boeheim situation where their ceiling becomes a low seed that can go on a dangerous run with their talent reaching it’s peak at the end of the season (although part of the cuse run is because they run zone which many teams aren’t exposed to thoughout the season).

1 Like

K’s grandson is a walk on. Rumor is after he’s done, 3 more years I think.

1 Like