2021 Basketball Recruiting

I hear you, but I think that’s based a bit on reputation. I get it, I really do. Zion was a generational talent. Other than him, the last several years, why would you choose Duke?

1 Like

People watch Duke games. You want people to know your name? Go to Duke
Duke is always on the major media and getting big attention
But if you want to play good ball Duke is not the way to go. The thing is that a lot of players now days don’t particularly care about that

1 Like

Exactly my point. Same with UNC. Ole Roy can’t explain why Virginia has won seven straight? Seems obvious.

2 Likes

Duke and Kentucky hardly care about actually making Final Fours anymore. The most important thing is their brand and when you are getting guys drafted and the brand is strong casual fans (and recruits) will hardly notice if you underperform. It’s all about winning the offseason. We spend the whole off-season talking about the draft, recruiting, and who could make the Final Four but only a week talking about the teams in the actual Final Four.

I know a lot of Kentucky fans who are actually fed up with the players getting drafted first mentality over championships

8 Likes

I’ve heard that from some UK connections. The lack of final 4s is not lost on them

5 Likes

This game was nuts DeMatha 109 PVI 107 (OT)

5 Likes

Is Trevor on the James Harden diet? He’s looking kind of beefy again.

He’s going to enjoy the cheesesteaks and pizza in Philly.

2 Likes

I think he’s *good but I don’t see one and done…he does use his body well though.

3 Likes

I notice keels loses a lot. We don’t want him.

1 Like

5 star Michigan State commit in 2022 who is a 2021 reclass probable

1 Like

We’re all tired of the Keels recruitment of course, but I do hope someone is at least trying to help him appreciate the pretty rare opportunity to walk into heavy minutes as a first-year here. Posting in the painful wake of this FSU game, but he should be scared of none of our guards.

Beekman is starting and makes less sense from a ‘fit’ perspective. Beekman/Keels would be a nasty backcourt going forward.

9 Likes

Yeah Keels is technically still a want not a need. But in my mind he is very much a “need”. A match made in heaven. We need his 3pt shooting and ability to make plays for others at the 2. He needs our defensive development to make it to the next level (having watched his games, his defensive instincts are very much a work in progress. Still jumps out for easy pump fakes from the person he’s defending and his defensive footwork/positioning needs work).

4 Likes
2 Likes

Keels season did just end. But if I had to guess, Bediako to Duke or Bama? Or PBJ to Milwaukee since that rumor floodgate burst open over the weekend (RIP Duke, literally a player’s program).

1 Like

My money’s on Chet to Gonzaga or Baldwin to dad. Last week there were a lot of rumors that Chet would make his decision within a week or 2.

1 Like

The confidence listed was a 4 (Bossi). Sounds like a flyer prediction to me

1 Like

Maybe Keels saw how tight the Brotherhood is. I mean true brothers always quit mid season.

2 Likes

Not enough balls minutes or shot opportunities on the Duke team next year. Banchero will be the focus of that team from the time he first steps on campus.

1 Like