2021 Recruiting: Back Where We Started

Also, changed the dynamics of our team.

Agree with thisā€¦ MD had a Joe Harris convo with coach at the right time and Coach made the right decision to give him Salts minutesā€¦ which was the right callā€¦ MD showed he was a grown man in that OR gameā€¦ he intimidated their Bigsā€¦ Wooten had one above the rim play the whole game for them and he punked the Amin kid who was a flopper anywaysā€¦ salts back had nothing to do with MDs ptā€¦ MD had shown he was ready and damn did we need his type of playā€¦

2 Likes

which was needed in March then April. And all credit for Jack getting us to that point and sort of passing the baton whether he wanted to or not. Jack Salt is a National Champ and thats all that matters

12 Likes

Those are the type people we try to recruit.

Jack was also massive for us in the Purdue game. An incredible teammate

12 Likes

Is exactly that. And Mamadi had atleast 1 nice play there

8 Likes

Wooten was hurt before that game - badly sprained ankle

I donā€™t recall him being hurtā€¦ the way he balled in the round of 32 gameā€¦I remember the Texas tech big had a bad ankle injuryā€¦

Youā€™re thinking of the guy from Texas Tech, Tariq Owens.

3 Likes

Wait Iā€™m so lost on where this thread has gone with regards to recruiting

3 Likes

Shocker. Some of you guys just need to start an open ended chat thread and have at it.

3 Likes

Well that escalated quickly

5 Likes

Uhm, and I think I remember correctly that Diakite did take that pass from Clark and make that shot at the end of regulation against Purdune. Right?

3 Likes

Thats the play I was thinking yes. haha. Never gets old does it. Key was MD keeping ball high and right into the shot. well one of the keys to the play

3 Likes

Lol. Sabreroomaccess.

1 Like

Well, given where we are today, is anyone preparing a database of power forwards, evaluated by the staff as high school players, both offered and not offered, from the classes of 2018, 2019, & 2020, who are playing (and, likely starting) for a mid-major this season? It wouldnā€™t shock me to learn that Virginiaā€™s next transfer target is a member of this set of players.

1 Like

Yes Owens had the bad ankle prior to UVA game. Wooten broke his jaw earlier in the year. He was out 4 weeks. Bol Bol was out for the year early on. Wooten also hurt his shoulder in the 1st round game against Wisconsin but didnā€™t seem to bother him the next game.

73CAV, good thought. I had pondered that a little over the weekend but nothing in depth. I would also look at schools such as Alabama and Michigan who are recruiting lots of depth without spacing. Schools such as this are expecting attrition.

tenor

24 Likes

Every game there will be a player on the opposing team who will make me say ā€œI wonder if they are going to be available in the off seasonā€