2022-23 Lineup Conjecture fun

When I abandoned the lost cause vs UNC for the lacrosse game vs UNC on the other channel, it was beautiful to see the guys in bright orange.

Our basketball uniforms that have dropped almost all orange are so drab and lifeless. Not unlike the play vs UNC.

1 Like

Tony is “old school” which by his definition means dark jerseys on the road, and whites at home. So, we are not playing on the road … which means no dark jerseys … but we are not playing a true home game either … which means no whites. So there’s really only one answer of what color jerseys we can wear…

(Btw, anyone see the clip when OKC and Memphis both came out in whites?)

3 Likes

The only answer then is orange.

2 Likes

The blue uniforms aren’t even the right blue. Navy blue, not UVA royal blue. Just a sign that we are a program in free fall.

Don’t even get me started on the font.

Edit: apparently it is Navy Blue? I always thought it was a more robust royal blue. The old blue jerseys had that less black, more true blue tone

1 Like

Got me to thinking…Ivy League doesn’t allow grad students (I think this is still the policy). Is Jaelin looking to play next year? How about here?

2 Likes

Solid Statline.

1 Like

Solid Statline.

[/quote]

Interesting. He can’t go back to Princeton since they don’t do 5th year ATH(?)

1 Like

Won the ACC regular season in them. Also, it generally takes a year+ to get a redesign pumped out. That said, I bet we see a different look in 23-24

1 Like

Correct - would have to transfer to play more.

It was indeed a solid statline and I was really excited for him during his recruitment. He’s been consistently safe with the ball, he figured out rebounding and drawing fouls his Sophomore year, and he seems to have gradually gotten better at shooting. His freshman year shooting % numbers were bad, they improved his soph year to “poor”, and then improved to “very good” this year (obviously losing his Jr year to Covid). His Asst% is fine/good for a “combo guard” sort.
I should probably view his shooting as on a good trajectory, but I think I’m still a little traumatized by Franklin’s year.

1 Like

I mostly just wanted to use this gif - I don’t necessarily disagree that strongly, and I have literally zero desire to be down on Kihei. But I do think somebody can step into that spot and give us a contribution that is at least close to as helpful to the success of the team. We can find somebody who shoots over 40% from the field, can score occasionally at the rim, and defends his position well (without giving up height on that end), plus they might be able to spread the floor somewhat if they can hit the three consistently. We desperately need spacing and a better fit besides Reece. Will they be as effective a distributor? Probably not with no experience in the system, but they can help in other ways.

But, I mean, we’ll see. Maybe I’m totally wrong. I just don’t see the metrics or anything that make me share the opinion that Kihei has put up a particularly unique season that a solid D1 player can’t equal. Look at BartTrovik’s player analysis stats and stuff, like PRPG! and BPM. Maybe there’s something out there I haven’t seen - I don’t know where to find win-shares and stuff like that.

Anyway, more importantly, I hope Kihei goes out on the highest of high notes and leads us to an NIT championship. Would be a cool way to bookend his career here.

4 Likes

My contention is mainly that 4th year Clark’s contribution will be replaced by someone(s) who has basically never played high major college ball. His play hasn’t been special or anything, but he’s still at the HM All-ACC level, so a top 20-25 player in a 15 team league. 2nd best player on an average team.

Whether it’s Murray, McKneeley, Johnson or an unexpected transfer, what can you reasonably expect from them? Freshman Beekman/Perrentes/Guy/Jerome? Redshirt Sophomore Hall? Junior transfer Franklin? None of those seasons exactly lit the world on fire and none were as good as Clark was this year.

2 Likes

It’s not about being better than Kihei as an individual, it’s about how they can fit with Reece in terms of play style and how the new addition’s dynamic changes the spacing and movement on the floor.

5 Likes

Did you read my original comment at all?

Yeah I agree with HooAndTrue

Also 1st Year Ty and Kyle both had BPMs that were above 5.0 which I believe only Reece and Kadin have this year. They obviously got much better as the years went on but they immediately fit perfectly into our system

2 Likes

Nope. didn’t see it cross-posted.

For reference

2 Likes

It was quoted. Said team could be better, but Clark’s replacement wouldn’t individually play better than Clark. So your point was to disagree with me by saying what I already said?

nah i Think we are saying the same thing

2017 Jarred Reuter had a 3.4 BPM. Are you even remotely going to try to say that he was individually more productive that season than Gardner was this season? Do you trust BPM as a rankings stat like that?