2022-23 Out of Conference (non-ACC / non-UVa)

Wow that was some ugly basketball. Kent State does everything through their PG Sincere Carry but he was 2-22 from the field with 8 steals and 7 TO’s. Active defensively but made a ton of awful decisions on the offensive end. They shot 23.8% from the field and still almost beat Houston.

5 Likes

Sincere Carry?

Sincere Carry passes to Honest Walk. Walk passes over to Actual Foul. Foul passes back out to Serious Charge. Charge lobs it up and Earnest Block throws it down!

13 Likes

Houston 2-17 from 3. Hopefully we’ll get that deal. I fully expect a rock fight in the 50s

3 Likes

I still haven’t seen Houston play yet and from what I’ve heard they are supposed to be great. This don’t sound like what I’ve heard.

1 Like

For this game at least… they couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn and passed it super sloppy all night. Fortunately for them… so did the other team.

2 Likes

Imo teams like us, Indiana, and Creighton seeming so much better with mostly the same core rotations is pretty good evidence this is a down year for college basketball. Especially Indiana and us. No other sport is as inconsistent in overall quality year to year. Houston might not be great but they still might be the best team this year.

1 Like

Hey look, it must be the time of year when Matt Painter pretends to know how to coach hoops.

People don’t forget, Matt

Jonah Hill Superbad GIF

5 Likes

Virginia fans dunking on Purdue fans for the lack of postseason success is bizarre

4 Likes

I remember a natty. Purdue hasn’t seen a final 4 since the Quincy Adams administration

6 Likes

Joe Barry Carrol and Drake Morris. Young Fresh was there. My best friends brother was Lee Rose’s assistant. 1981 maybe?

3 Likes

Without looking it up, I think that’s right. I was gonna say late 70s, so same basic era

Edit - 1980 per google

Btw- I’m basically a Purdue fan who’s a bit frustrated they laid an egg last year. A giant, peacock shaped egg, direct from Jersey City. I guess a week wasn’t enough time to put together a decent game plan…

4 Likes

Easy there. 80 is different than 70! I know I was between 10 and 12 so

2 Likes

First tourney I remember was 1985, which was pretty pretty good.

2 Likes

Hes. As we hijack this thread I fell in love with it in 1979. Magic Bird. Never been anything like it

4 Likes

Yeah, I think that year and 85 really turbocharged the tourney

2 Likes

Damn y’all old

5 Likes

59 combined shots for Love and Quinnerly.

8 Likes

More like Purdon’t. Or possibly Purdidn’t.

2 Likes

I can buy that, but he seems to have a good eye for talent.

3 Likes

Yeah. Excellent evaluator. Good offensive coach, generally. Bad roster management and mediocre defensive coach.

2 Likes