2022-23 Out of Conference (non-ACC / non-UVa)

Goodness, Edey’s stats are something else, against good comp too. I didn’t think he could sustain that kind of production over 28-30 min/game. Cut down his foul rate too.

3 Likes

I actually find myself rooting for Gonzaga - the sight of Miller just makes me gag

I still hate Timme a lot

7 Likes

Wild that there is talk of him being a lottery pick (ive seen two other legit folks on twitter mention it too
https://twitter.com/mikegrib8/status/1597041491960266752

https://twitter.com/GriffinStrom3/status/1595514286515838976

6 Likes

Villanova lost again. 2-5

3 Likes

To an Oregon team playing with 6 scholarship players (injury bug).

Too early for the transfer buzzards to start circling?

3 Likes

UConn looks Final 4 good right now:

2 Likes

Nova’s got issues. Oregon had multiple guys out hurt and started a walk on

I watched maybe 10 minutes of Nova. They didnt look much like Nova at all

1 Like

I’ve seen them play a few times this year and I think there are pieces there, but the overall scheme is not inspiring. I don’t want to close the book on them just yet because everything looks fixable, but if the birds are circling they are in the trees waiting to take flight if things don’t turnaround.

This AP voter put Purdue #1 after being unranked last week… wow!

Edit: looks like Seth Davis did the same thing w/ Purdue

Edit 2: Roanoke Times voter also put Purdue #1

2 Likes

Next up for Purdue… Florida State. There goes their strength of schedule.

4 Likes

Lol. As we’ve discussed so many times, the majority of these guys are just lazy

2 Likes

Purdue is good. Solid system etc. they are not 1 in the country. These guys change their rankings way too fast

5 Likes

I dunno. At this point there are enough games played to (mostly) put aside pre-season bias. Who should be 1-5 if you look at teams with a clean slate? Purdue and Virginia definitely seem to fit the bill. Houston and Texas, too.

That said, Duke and Gonzaga were definitely overrated going in. Even if both are marginal top 25, the Purdue wins look great.

3 Likes

Thats fair.

Edit: just checked their schedule. They are drillin people ha

1 Like

Yep, but at this very early point, which wins are better. Duke and Zags or Baylor and Illinois?

I don’t know, but my pure eye tests tells me I’d take those 2 hth over Duke and Zaga in a round robin

2 Likes

If you put away preseason bias, then Sam Houston St is your 10th best team (which is the best argument I can come up with as to why it’s silly to put aside preseason bias at this point in the season).

2 Likes

They might be #1 - they have been very impressive - talented, organized and balanced.
My top 4 teams that impressed me so far with just the eye test? Not including UVA in any to stay neutral.
Arizona, Purdue, Texas, UConn
Next 4
Houston, Arkansas, Creighton, Illinois … and Indiana right there - withholding judgment on Indiana until I see them vs UNC this week. They also play Arizona and Kansas in December.

I think Illinois has a very high ceiling if all the new pieces mesh in March.

2 Likes

Why?
They beat Oklahoma and Utah already on the road.