2022-23 Out of Conference (non-ACC / non-UVa)

Thats my point without saying it (not the dark shit at the end)

7 Likes

Tennessee struggling against Florida in the first half.

I hate that thing where people do the alternating capitalized letters to satire things but it seems appropriate to use now to make fun of the statements that UVA hasent proven anything with these recent road wins.

2 Likes

I guess the answer tonight is Mason Gillis somehow? 8 made threes on his way to 26 points and counting.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. Was laughing at the comments post-Cuse win. They made zero sense, especially in the context of other top teams actually losing to mediocre conference teams on the road.

3 Likes

UvA hAsEnT pRoVeN aNyThInG wItH tHeSe ReCeNt RoAd wINs

3 Likes

Who is saying that UVa hasnā€™t proven anything with these road wins?

I havenā€™t said that exactly, but in the context of hoping for more Shedrick minutes, I believe Iā€™ve said that while our lineups have been great to beat the teams weā€™ve beaten on our recent streak, I may have (nicely and politely, Iā€™m sure) pointed out that we have not beaten any tourney teams recently. Except maybe for UNC, who was missing their frontcourt.

4 Likes

@haney falling on the sword. But yes that seems to be a theory shared by others.

Iā€™m usually on team negative so I probably hyperbolized a bit the position (which is generally how Haney just put it - small ball hasnā€™t played anyone of substance).

Still getting used to being on team positive. But my point is letā€™s enjoy the ride (at least until the wheels come off).

Edit: in the 2020-2021 we had a 7 game ACC win streak but that included 4 games against AWFUL BC, ND, and Wake. Only wins of substance against a broken Clemson, Cuse (home) and surprise GT team (home). We were then promptly exposed by VT and struggled down the stretch. so yeah, it could happen again but Iā€™d point to our non-con results this season as reason why it wonā€™t (didnā€™t have the same in 2020-2021)

2 Likes

Yep ā€¦ UNC without Bacot and Nance is nowhere near a madness teamā€¦ looking forward to how we do vs Tournament ACC teams since ā€¦. in the Acc have we beaten one yet?
Pitt, Miami, Duke, healthy UNC, Clemson and NC State
ā€¦
Currently 0-2 against that group. 4 games to goā€¦

We still have some things to prove and maybe im wrong but it seems to me when we play an ACC team on the road we seem to always get their best shot. Syracuse people are saying that is the best game they have played all year and at least to me it seems to be a theme

4 Likes

Kinda how it should be. A conference game agaisnt a top 10 team. Thatā€™s a big deal. How many times has UVa used that exact tagline to sell a Duke or UNC game during the Gillian and Laito eras?

6 Likes

Anyone on Ohio State we want? Taison Chatman as a 2023 decommit is great offensively but watching Nick Janowski drop 30+ on him like two weeks ago (when their HSs played eachother) makes me concerned about his defensive impact lol. And I noticed Wisconsin fans mentioning Taison looked extremely passive on the offensive end. Like too chill. Would be the perfect pg to lead those 5 minute scoring droughts of just standing around

2 Likes

TIL (or realized) there are two Dieblers - Jon (OSU assistant) and Jake (Butler assistant)

3 Likes

We are the team that other teams circle on their calendars now. I think thatā€™s one thing people donā€™t want to give credit to Duke and K for. They always had the target on their back and they always got the opponentā€™s best effort and they still won almost all of the time. Hopefully sometime weā€™re the team that gets court stormed every time we lose on the road. Thatā€™s a badge of honor.

5 Likes

The teams of a pair of extremely frustrated fan-bases going head to head.

If we lose tomorrow I would guess we see some court storming at the barn

3 Likes

Only one way to avoid that. Win baby!

10 Likes

Agreed, albeit a very slow one since they have to climb down a wall first.

3 Likes

Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

1 Like