2022-23 Out of Conference (non-ACC / non-UVa)

And it’s a JV game. I mean it’d be a terrible idea even for a varsity game, but at least the varsity level has championships which would give the risk some kind of reward. What’s to gain by winning a JV game?

1 Like

Everything

11 Likes

Happy cake day but real question is what is JV?

2 Likes

Junior Varsity

1 Like

Bama held Vandy to 15 first half points tonight (and scored 43)!

Bama 101 Vandy 44 lol.

How did Vandy beat Pitt is what im wondering.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t have bet on Indiana. The Big Ten has a bunch of teams around 500 in conference with just Purdue leading the pack. And my guess is they still get more bids.

And Maryland fans are still awful. I wish we would play them every year just to shut them up. The “Hey, you suck!” chant is so original and mature…

1 Like

Jayden epps as our next pg? Amani Hansberry 2023 decommit/commit to UVA as a Draymond Green type next to traudt?

The funny thing is that it worked lol

4 Likes

Illinois has received a lot criticism this year but they are 2nd in the Big Ten right now. The big ten is just vastly overrated as. It’s that way in football and basketball. Purdue won’t win the national championship with Edey as their main guy.

Purdue got a lot of credit for beating Duke and Gonzaga early in the season and neither of those wins mean much right now.

3 Likes

Maybe but Purdue is better than anybody in the ACC … and the Hoos are in 2nd in the ACC and Illinois is 2nd in the Big 10 and they had almost zero continuity from last year and we had a ton and still they led us in that game with 3:30 remaining.
They also let go a locker room malcontent on 1/5 and since then they have gone 7-1 including easy wins over Wisconsin, Mich State, Ohio State and Wisconsin again …

But we got DUNN and iMAC :wink: Plus our new offense.

True - I guess I didn’t ask what was meant by overrated?
I think the Big 10 is probably better than the ACC because of Purdue at the top and then a bunch of pretty good teams … I’d also say their bottom 3 are also better than Louisville, FSU and Ga Tech and Notre Dame

Yeah, their top is better (in the sense that Purdue is as close to a “great” team as anyone is this season) and their bottom is better, but I wouldn’t bet on their middle being better than the ACC’s.

1 Like

If Edey gets in foul trouble, who can Purdue rely on to make up for that? That’s the challenge they really haven’t had to face yet. But get a whistle happy ref and they very well could.

1 Like

Saw Illinois / Jayden Epps come up above and maybe in one other thread. Losing Skyy Clark has been a benefit to that team, it seems like. And I don’t necessarily mean that as a direct criticism of Clark. It’s just that now Epps and Sincere Harris have more clarified roles and get more first team reps, which helps when you’re relying on multiple frosh in your backcourt.

3 Likes

Edey hasn’t had more than 3 fouls in a game since November … would be interesting if it happened.

Their freshman backcourt is super gritty and can hit 3s. Reminds me a lot do Guy (Loyer) Jerome (Smith), but they will both be 4 year players. It’s not just the Edey show.

1 Like

And they run their stuff really really well. All 4 perimeter guys totally connected. But I have a couple scout things for Jay Willy when we meet them in NCAAs!

3 Likes

This is why I don’t trust them. They always run their stuff very well, until someone plays them in the tourney, and scouts all their stuff, and stops them from running it. That’s when you need Jaden Ivey or Carsen Edwards, not the younger Loyer brother or [insert name of other Indiana schoolboy whose name I won’t learn until I see him crying on the end of the bench in weekend 1 of the tourney]. Sorry, that got a bit dark there at the end…

3 Likes