2022 Baseball

The Ms playin baseball now?

3 Likes

I don’t think the second game of this doubleheader is televised. WTF?

Probably because it wasn’t originally scheduled to be 2 games today.

I understand that… but weren’t the announcers already there? LOL!

It’s on. Just found it on watchespn. We’re down 4-0.

1 Like

Thanks… unfortunately i don’t get WatchESPN here in Europe… i get this weird ESPNPlayer Europe Edition i pay for… so i get most things, but not all.

Walkoff for UVa in first game vs BC… 7 - 6 Hoos win!

5 Likes

Love this shirt! :orange_heart::blue_heart:

6 Likes

Not starting another topic, but mad respect for what Joanna Hardin has done with the sotfball team. They’ve gone from a objectively bad program to one on the rise. Makes me optimistic for the women’s basketball program. Sorry, now two off topic references here.

10 Likes

Almost a combined no-hitter tonight… Wake got an infield single w/ 2 outs in the 9th… Hoos win game 2 of the series 8 - 0 and clinch it as they won on Friday night as well!

3 Likes

Relief pitcher walked two guys in the bottom of the ninth on full counts and then gave up the hit. So frustrating. Just throw strikes! But still, amazing effort by the whole team.

3 Likes

Was at the game. We walked guys on full counts all game and wiggled out. A couple times getting the 9 hitter (who got the infield single in the 9th) to end an inning. Hard chopper to pitcher with one out and man on first but he had trouble pulling it out of his glove or it would have been an inning ending double play and a no hitter. On the positive side Berry filling in for the scheduled starter was awesome throwing 5 no hit innings.

3 Likes

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/baseball/virginia-baseball-rankings-update-3-28

5 Likes
8 Likes

Anyone watching the UVa - VT game?

UVa up 4 - 1 but VT threatening top of 4th.

Edut: Ugh… 4 - 2

Edit: Tie game… can’t get out o 4th

Tight strike zone today, specifically in the 4th for Berry. Also didn’t realize woolfolk was that nice.

2 Likes

Woolfolk throws the heater upper 90s… he has a legit shot at MLB.

2 Likes

Never post partial scores of any UVA game …. I guess people don’t know the laws of the jinx… only do it for games you don’t care about

1 Like

One of the Duke boards has a great “Don’t Jinx It” thread where people post about upsets brewing but do it really obscurely so as not to jinx it. “Wouldn’t have thought Tigers would be such good hosts to Packs of guests” or something. Can be really amusing sometimes.

1 Like

Apoligies for posting something unrelated to any current discussion, but can anyone tell me who this is? I think it might be a former UVa player. Pic is a few years old.