2022 Dream Class

I wrote a little bit about exploring the idea of a 2022 Dream Class. If I had my way, we’d take Nunez-McKneely-Bobi-Traudt-and a banger inside. Give it a read and some thoughts below!!

19 Likes

Do you guys have an idea who they are looking at for that Akil role? Or are they waiting until after the transfer and spring 2021 market before looking for 2022’s there?

1 Like

I personally love Maliq Brown but we haven’t been zooming with him like we do someone who’s about to be offered. Bennett’s zoom to offer process is like a full on 3 part job interview: first round behavioral, second technical, third super day to offer. Everyone who’s strictly an akil roel seems a ways away from an offer

6 Likes

I think he would prefer to get that role (Defensive 4) filled through transfer so that he’s not stuck with him for 4 years - maybe a 2 or 3 year guy that is defensively motivated.

Don’t know if discussed here but I’ve heard it said within some coaching circles that with new transfer rules, there is even less of a market for project bigs. You run the risk of redshirting/developing a guy only to have him leave for a better opportunity or bigger name. Now, UVA can obviously take advantage of this but are susceptible too.

It will be interesting to see how Bennett tackles the challenge. Historically it has taken a year or two in his system to earn meaningful playing time. That means more threat of transfers. Recruiting and rerecruiting transfer targets is going to be much more important.

5 Likes

If we can get Traudt on board I would agree to go full out on Maliq Brown. Athletic and versatile. Be a perfect fit

2 Likes

Not much of a dream class IMO…

Give me Emoni Bates, Jalen Duren, Amari Bailey, and Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

3 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

Send Bates to the league!! He’s an angry Jayson Tatum on the court. Would be a mistake to make that kid go to school for a year in my opinion

The real question is what happens if he moves up to 2021? Will they let him enter the 2022 draft with some sort of waiver since he still won’t meet the age requirement? Or will he be stuck with 2 years of college/G League/Australia?

That’s a good question. I didn’t know he was considering moving up. If he does then it would be to play college basketball, right?

That was the speculation back when he first committed to Michigan State. He wouldn’t meet the age requirement for the G League yet. Not sure if the NBL requires players to be 18 or not. But Bates would play for MSU next year and then choose between coming back for a second year of college or playing for the G League when he is eligible for that program in 2022-23. Honestly don’t see why he would play another year of high school ball if he can get to MSU a year early. Not like he is going to a normal high school and there is the social high school experience side of things for him to consider.

1 Like

Bobi Klintman moving up to the pro league in Sweden.

https://twitter.com/andrewmastin/status/1366844108212469764

PS I’m locking the long 2022 thread, move it here.

10 Likes

Gradey Dick to Kansas. Nice early pick up for them.

Good day to be a school in pursuit of Isaac Traudt

6 Likes

Can’t wait for McKneely to drop a 30 bit in his season opener tonight

5 Likes

Don’t know if discussed here but I’ve heard it said within some coaching circles that with new transfer rules, there is even less of a market for project bigs. You run the risk of redshirting/developing a guy only to have him leave for a better opportunity or bigger name. Now, UVA can obviously take advantage of this but are susceptible

Yes, I mentioned this back in Sept. I talked about how redshirting for bigs will start tu disappear not only in our program. But in most programs. I was told that looking at big men transfers who have college success would be more appealing and desirable than Fr HS Big Men who may need time, weight or whatever tu contribute. So yes your man Tu duscussed this back in Sept.

4 Likes

McKneely played his first game of the season tonight (full game below). Had a slow start, but picked up in the third quarter. By my count was 5-11 with 3 threes to end up at 14 points. Was maybe a little rusty as he air-balled an early three and missed what should have been a relatively straightforward finish in transition, but got some glimpses of this shooting ability and his passing looked quite good.

6 Likes

Line of the night … Hacked by Butcher

1 Like
3 Likes