2022 Dream Class

Are there any players in Europe and in the NBA you like studying/watching and why?

“If I study a player, I study Deandre Hunter. I can see some similarities between me and Hunter and I am not only watching his NBA games, but I also watch some of his college games.”

19 Likes

Beginning to believe that Bobi is going to happen.

7 Likes

@HoozGotNext how many scholarship spots are left over the years?

1 Like

Right now there’s 2 for next year and 4 total open by 2022.

3 Likes

Yeah, it does feel like if we offer, this is probably going to happen. My wife grew up in Sweden— should I have her call Bobi?

2 Likes

We have offered

8 Likes

Isaac McKneely’s game should start soon.

1 Like

Would Isaac be a candidate for early graduation?

Okay apparently Youtube is very delayed. The game is well underway and live on Facebook

LINK

1 Like

Oh yeah, you would think since we’ve only offered a handful of players I would remember that. Klintman’s affinity for Hunter is not surprising, given the size and skill comparison. Moreover, if he’s got a stereotypical Swedish personality (quiet and reserved), that would be a match too. I’m not too worried about his comment that he likes to play uptempo since just about every recruit says that, even the ones who end up signing with UVA.

1 Like

Not as far as I know

McKneely looked good throughout the night. Hit some tough shots and something good happened whenever he had the ball in his hands. Wish he was a bit more assertive on the offensive end especially since his supporting cast was struggling a bit.

2 Likes

Chase Lowe of NC is a new name.

Junior

Chase Lowe was awarded the MVP of the 3A title game after leading his Weddington team to an undefeated season. A season that saw the team go 17-0 with an average win margin of 29.3 points and culminate in the school’s first state championship. Lowe filled the stat sheet with 14 points, seven rebounds and five assists in the game.

Watching the long armed, 6-foot-6 Lowe, you see he has a unique skill set as he initiates the offense with the ball in his hands, showcasing a nice handle and excellent court vision. Defensively, he guards from the one to the five throughout the course of the game. This could be his calling card at the next level, on the defensive end with the many things you are able to do with him. The high academic Lowe carries no offers currently, but he is in consistent contact with Virginia, Yale, Winthrop, Dartmouth, Presbyterian, Colgate and Princeton. He could help any number of programs win games.

5 Likes

I counted McKneely at something around 7/19 and 3/10 on threes. Was also guarding number 2 on Nitro who torched Poca throughout the game. Bit of a difficult outing. That said, passing ability continues to be a plus and he a hit a few difficult shots. Gotta be tough getting back to playing after having been unable to play in proper games so long.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Watched the full game last night. By my count, McKneely was 6-12 overall, 4-7 from three, and 8-9 on free throws. Had a bunch of rebounds and some nice assists as well.

7 Likes

Needs to quiet those legs down when he goes up to shoot

1 Like

How did he look MaineWahoo? Obviously those stats are impressive but just curious how he was getting those looks. Left open, off curls etc. I’m dying for insight right now lol

Well, I am definitely no expert! But, my initial thoughts have been that he looks better on the catch-and-shoot than he does rising up off the dribble, but he hasn’t been getting as many catch-and-shoot opportunities as you’d want. Seems like part of it is not getting great screens and part is teams scheming to take him away, but on a few occasions he’s also not running full speed and flying off screens like you’d like. But he’s playing literally every minute of Poca’s games, so it’s hard to fault not being at full speed after so long not playing while also playing all the minutes.

His finishing around the hoop has been OK but not elite. Given the small teams he’s going against/level of competition, you’d probably like to see his athleticism show out a little more and stand out a little more from the rest of the guys on the floor. That said, he’s only a junior, and I haven’t watched enough high school games to know what other guys like Kyle Guy looked like at this stage of their development. Also, his passing is a plus, which I didn’t realize before watching him play.

With his shot, you can tell he’ll be able to hit some really difficult shots. As WFS noted above, he does have a lot going on with his feet flying out and what not. Reminds me a little of Morsell and early Kyle Guy in that every jump shot ends up looking like a high degree of difficulty shot even if it’s not. But the stroke is there and with more teaching I have no doubt he’ll develop a more consistent and efficient motion.

5 Likes

I wanna see how he plays for his travel team. The competition level and intensity level in his high school games are pretty bad. From seeing some of the first game and his other highlights, you can tell he has another gear in him and I think it will come out when he plays higher level competition.

3 Likes