2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

I remain a bit skeptical about Bond playing the 4. I could be very wrong, but, nonetheless, to me it’s a concern. The same goes for Murray. To me, those are matchups just waiting to be exploited by our opponents.

3 Likes

We’ve hasd this discussion many times.

Bond playing the 4 would be no different than Wilkins or Braxton playing the 4 which we did MANY TIMES.
Bond is more explosive than either of them and has a longer wingspan than both.

Dunn has the hight and athleticism to play the 4, and gives us that 4 out/4 guard look.

Teams are playing wings at the 4 these days. Not even UNC is going two posts. And Bond can work mismatches on the other end.

4 Likes

We have even played Devon Hall at 4. What a time to be alive.

5 Likes

Depending on how things shake out this season and immediately after, I could see us hunting for a portal big for depth / to fill a certain discrete role. I think I’d prefer that to anyone we could pick up in the 2023 class at this point (barring a high level decommit / under the radar non-US big).

1 Like

“These are the Good Ol’ Days”.

2 Likes

Gertrude will pick UVA, we’ll be pumped for about 30 mins and then we’ll be right back to speculating about the next one lol. It’s what we recruiting degenerates do

20 Likes

Before Covid, I think I would have agreed entirely. However, in the semi-post covid world, I am unsure of the value of recruit rankings. It isn’t that I don’t think that the highly touted recruits don’t deserve their rankings. I just keep wondering how many unseen quality recruits are falling through the cracks. It seems that the various services are reducing staffs. I am unsure that their evaluations are that comprehensive. I have no doubts that they get the elite recruits right, but as you go down the rankings, I am less certain. You only have to compare the various Top 100 lists to know that there is wide discrepancy of opinions. Of course, the issue now is for the staff to actually evaluate players in person, and I have no idea of how many opportunities are left for members of the 2023 class. Presumably, everyone is now focused on 2024 evaluations. That said, if the staff is aware of an undervalued 2023 prospect, I have no problem with adding him, but I imagine the odds of that happening are a bit remote.

Really! When your concerns are about adding quality depth as opposed to filling starting positions, life is good!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/hoozgotnext/status/1569419639888777219?s=46&t=TmMc_SiHW1HsXJ-_JTCZ4w

28 Likes

22 Likes

Thanks for posting that

3 Likes

Getter

2 Likes

Gauge interest before sending Tony in? Was this an in home or watching him work out?

Just open gym I assume

Man I’m actually kind of nervous for this announcement…

1 Like

Get-em Getter!

want a Fresh- @HoozGotNext Crystal Ball or sweat it out for two more days?

4 Likes

Lol I prefer a Fresh Crystal Ball. Who needs extra anxiety these days?

1 Like

Nah. Imma sweat it out with yall. Joy comes in the morning

6 Likes

We need to send in the closer- Coach Mox!

10 Likes