2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

Oh wow. thanks, didnt realise that. Wonder if any Virginia coaches are in Jersey City today/ tomorrow. Them dudes never tell me

1 Like

I always get confused, plus it keeps changing, but I believe practice starts 42 days (6 weeks) before the first game, which would put it at Monday Sept 26.

6 Likes

8 Likes

So 42 + 13 days (approx) until we find out who has to RS.

Edit: Well, I should have read the 2022 Preseason thread before posting this. If I am understanding the comments in that thread it is possible the RS doesn’t have to be declared before the start of the season. Maybe I am totally misunderstanding.

1 Like

We need a fake Tipton edit with Tony deciding which freshman to redshirt

19 Likes

I love that Tony redshirts.
Absolutely love it!
The jokes, and hate for the redshirt process on here are the actual jokes.

3 Likes

As I recall, usually we find out who’s redshirting when the first garbage time comes and one guy mysteriously doesn’t get put in the game. And then just to be sure, in postgame a reporter will ask Tony about it and he’ll say “Yeah he’s planning to redshirt.”

5 Likes

yea, it would be much better to have them sit on end of bench and get zero PT… oh, and waste a year.
sounds perfect.

Williford moving his way north.

https://twitter.com/ARosenfeldHoops/status/1569787210362150912

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1569789951386202112

3 Likes

If yall hear that my brother and my friend Jay Willy is gonna be in JC tomorrow please let me know haaha

5 Likes

Only thing better than a fake Tipton is a genuine Serum114

31 Likes

lol this is awesome. so bad and so good

2 Likes

hahahhah. Serum114 got his Eli edit for tomorrow?

1 Like

No. He hasn’t returned my phone calls, DM’s or emails.

7 Likes

Need the Life of Pablo album cover with Bond and Dunn and the red shirt which/one which/one

I feel like we’ve really been missing the boat by not calling him Yung Peja :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Young Peja’s got plenty of O in his game.

1 Like

Saw on the Indiana site a UVA assistant was indeed in for Raleigh Burgess. It was indeed “possibly”.

Strange that we are looking at kids like Burgess and Sorber with Buchanan already on board in 2023. Imagine it would be hard to get another high quality big after another one unless they see Buchanan playing some 4? Of course there is also “always be recruiting/building relationships” and just following up with kids you really liked just incase things change or the portal down the line.

I imagine a raw Mamadi-like big or a 6-9 Trey Murphy type make more sense to fit with the roster.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering for a while now, how can it work that football teams can play guys in 1/3 of their regular season games and still redshirt, yet a basketball player can’t get 1 second of floor time without burning a year of eligibility?

1 Like

Yeah. You’d think since college football does it, and we are in the wild days of NIL and free transfer market, the rules around CBB redshirting could be loosened a bit as well.