Lol is this a first in recruiting?
https://twitter.com/Travis_Perry11/status/1569879186436771840
Lol is this a first in recruiting?
https://twitter.com/Travis_Perry11/status/1569879186436771840
Travis Perry is such an interesting case: He was who I thought UVA was going to go all in on for 2024 pg at first but then Kentucky offered. And I have no idea if they are legitimately recruiting him or not cause I dont think they showed at an open gym.
Otherwise the competition would be what seems like the entire B1G. I know Purdue and Indiana are hot and heavy on him and Michigan is pushing a little too (Juwan Howard saw him last summer at the same Kentucky event Tony was at as they were both also watching Reed Sheppard). There are some who would say Perry might be better than Sheppard but not from like heavyweight twitter scouts.
Perry is a stud (he’s had several game with 8+ made 3s) but I say im still in the Ty Davis camp.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfHrnvyphie/ (instagram edit version for the young folk)
2024 rankings update but irrelevant. There are kids ranked in the 100-150 range that are easily going to be top 50 by next summer.
(off the top of my head Cam Whitmore at Villanova and Jalen Warley at FSU weren’t even 3 stars/not ranked at this time respective to their recruitments. As well as a lot of ur 2016 class).
The only real take away is again the variance between sites. On3 has Isaiah Abraham as a top 20 recruit and a 5 star while here he moved up only 10 spots from the 80s to 70s.
Jarin is 10th a lot of the kids on our radar in that 35-100 range.
(Photo: MelShotEm Productions)
Another prospect who made a big impression on the 247Sports team this spring and summer was Juke Harris. The 6-foot-4, 175-pound combo guard out of Salisbury (N.C.) and the Team Loaded basketball program is a sizey and long shot-making guard.
Harris scores from all three-levels but it all starts with his ability to make shots from beyond the stripe. He is more than just a scorer and as he develops his handle, decision making and his defense, he has even more upside to tap into and can continue to climb the rankings.
Harris already holds offers from Virginia, Wake Forest, Georgetown, Mississippi State, St. John’s and Virginia Tech amongst others.
(Photo: Travis Branham, 247Sports)
You don’t have to venture much further to come to our next newcomer in Rakease Passmore, a 6-foot-5 wing out of Charlotte (N.C.) Combine Academy.
Passmore is arguably the best athlete in the class with a different level of explosiveness with his ability to rise above the rim.
He’s electric in the open court and is a human highlight reel with his high-flying leaping ability.
He is more than a dunker though as he can also defend and is developing his shooting ability on the perimeter.
Passmore holds offers from Virginia Tech, Houston, Georgia Tech, Oregon, Auburn, LSU and others.
Tahaad Pettiford #26
Dedan “DJ” Thomas #39
Kon Knueppel #41
Jahseem Felton #65
Luke Bamgboye #70
Sir Mohammed #75
Nick Janowski #89
Drew Mckenna #104
Ty Davis Unranked (wtf lol)
Caleb Williams 135.
Bryce Dortch 147
Travis Perry in the 80s.
Chase McCarty at 63 is interesting. Small forward out of Alabama. Both Williford and Johnny Carpenter follow him.
Ty needs to stay under the radar
Tahaad has to be top 15, 10 guy
Are we going to pursue Mckneely who is in the top 30? I really want 2 Mckneelys.
Kyle Getter was on him for a little social media wise (no idea if he still is) but think it’s obvious that won’t happen. Kid is from Texas and headed to Montverde I believe.
That is so disappointing from a content standpoint
My current 5 man 2024 dream class right now is
Kid we have yet to offer, Kid we have yet to offer, Isaiah Abraham, Kid we have yet to offer, Kid we have yet to offer.
Biggest thing for 2024 recruiting in my opinion is that some of our 22’s show NBA promise this year. If we can tell kids that our roster won’t be busy for more than a year, that’s huge
Part of why I dont want either Dunn or Bond to redshirt (still think redshirting can be vital though). Lets us possibly aim for a big 2024 class that can be foundational.
If either Dunn or Bond are capable of carving out a meaningful role (10 to 15 mpg), I wouldn’t want to see them redshirt, either. However, if a player is going to average 5-7 mpg as a frosh, and getting DNPs once the team is deep into the conference season, I would just as soon see him redshirt. Whether the team gets a fifth year player who averages 25 mpg, or so, in return is a gamble, but I think it is one worth taking. Only getting minimal minutes this year from either Bond or Dunn would be a terrible waste, IMO.
I feel like Dunn’s defensive potential and versatility is so high that redshirting him would be criminal
I’m in favor of redshirting everyone, including everyone on this board.
I should have redshirted second year when I broke my foot. 5 years at UVa instead of 4? do the math on fun there
I should have gotten an extra Covid year ![]()
Beat out Kansas and Gonzaga and lost to Iowa state and Xavier. What a wild 2023