2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

On3 introduced him as 6-10, but he was actually smaller than Stevenson.

If he learns to reduce difficult shot selection and turnover and utilize his teammates, his stock will rise.

Team United 2024 had a lot of great frontcourt players like Jarin Stevenson, Kany Tchanda, Brayden Crump and Kaden Hammond, but they didn’t play together this year due to injuries.

If United bring most of the group back next year, they will be one of the best teams. (Unless of course there are no injuries like this year…)

1 Like

Know where he said that? He’s had a bunch of articles of that last couple of days so I might’ve missed it. You sure it’s not more like he’s not going to commit just so he can sign early if he’s not ready?

It was in the video interview with Adam Finkelstein and he confirmed it on the Villanova board. The plan is to get it out of the way and commit before the HS season but sign in the spring.

I was surprised with Stevenson’s height. It may have been the fro but it looked like he had a few inches on GG Jackson when they were both on Justin Anderson’s NBPA top 100 team.

1 Like

So the plan is to commit but leave options open? Hah.

It would also fit pretty nicely into our PG struggles this cycle if Elmarko committed to us and then in the spring, at the last possible second, decided he was going pro. Icing on the cake would be if he went to play in like New Zealand’s NBL. Would kind of wrap things together nicely.

5 Likes

Yup. I see it as a redflag that we won’t have to come across cause he’s not picking us anyways. The Nova board, in regards to ElMarko, is talking Texas Miami and NIL. And ElMarko mentioned the Texas brand unprompted. Texas and Miami might be his top 2.

3 Likes

He is either going to be a one-and-done or a four year guy who wants NIL. He is a little short but is already very physically developed. So if he is a pro he will be able to leave early.

He isn’t like a lanky wing who could come into their own college.

EJ is making a business decision and that is fine, but Tony doesn’t play with those guys

Yeah, barring him having a moment of revelation on his visit to UVA (if that ever actually happens), feels like he’s gone. But that’s just one random internet poster’s opinion.

For the league’s new star coach tony bennett

If all that is true then why are we putting all our eggs in the EJ recruitment. Would make no sense

1 Like

I wish I could only see what HGN, Fresh, & H&T post on any topic.
Is there a way?

3 Likes

Yes. Block/Mute every other poster

4 Likes

I muted a few, but still seeing them

and there are prob a few more I’d like to see. Hanley is def one.

I’m staying steady at 15% for Elmarko. Maybe that’s just the contrarian in me.

He might be a one-and-done, but I think that’s like a 40% chance. I think he’d be in the Keels-Chandler range in the draft, and that’s a risk he may not want. Plus, if he’s OAD, who has the advantage? ND? But probably nobody.

He talked about brand? Eh, that’s annoying, but it seems common enough that I wouldn’t call it a red flag.

I think the putting off signing thing is interesting. I’ve heard that idea pop up every now and again. Probably originating from Uncle Marlon and his Dad. I think that’s the idea that basically acknowledges that signing gives the school all the leverage. One of those player empowerment ideas.

I’m not spooked. Not selling my 15% chance ticket. Atting: @AnonymooseHoo @MaineWahoo @Foresthoo because this post was kind of spurred by your convo above

5 Likes

I personally like the flow of conversation. I’ve certainly posted enough silly stuff that I often wind up on the other list.

Also for @HOOps.fan.in.KY, one thing you can do, is click on a user’s name and you see all their posts in a given thread. Good way to track a certain user’s thoughts.

1 Like

You are right. I am just being a weirdo.
Just tired of the lame jokes (redshirt), CTB haters, and know it all’s.
However I do agree, Keep the conversation going is good.

2 Likes

thanks!!!

1 Like

I dont understand why Im a part of this group. My schtick is contentless content to pass the time between the actual action and actual @HoozGotNext tidbits

1 Like

Because you actually back up a bunch of your stuff IMO (perhaps I am wrong) with what I perceive as rational thought.