2022 Fall Recruiting Thread: Gertrude Watch, Tony on the Road, and the 2024s

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I appreciate you though @HOOps.fan.in.KY

Use your Kentucky nativity to get me info on Travis Perry.

4 Likes

I love every HOO fan.
I just donā€™t want to entertain every one of their vibes. and they feel the same towards me.
I like a good joke, I like a good rib, unfortunately for meā€¦ meā€¦
I just end up scrolling through til I see a the folks that I enjoy reading.
I know I am missing out on a bunch of folks that I would more than likely enjoy.
I am just haveing some early brews today and going down a rabbit holeā€¦
so pretty much ignore me.
I do love all HOO fansā€¦

7 Likes

yes Sir, Iā€™ll work on it!

1 Like

Sorry, and I mean no disrespect to anyone else, guru or otherwise, but you are the most informative poster on the board. By a wide, wide margin.

6 Likes

thank u!

Im not though but Ill never turn down an opportunity to stroke my ego. I just read twitter and other sites on my phone instead of playing mobile games and scrolling tiktok.

Speaking of other sites, saw on a Minnesota forum that Taison Chatman was told by Ohio State that he would not play point guard for them even though his camp wants him to be a pg. Looks like heā€™s only going to Ohio State for the NIL money LOL

2 Likes

What we drankin and where homeboy?

5 Likes

I think thats totally fair. 15% isnā€™t very high! Haha. Thatā€™s kind of saying ā€œI do not at all expect us to land him, but if it happened, it wouldnā€™t blow my mindā€ which seems like a totally reasonable position.

Iā€™ve just been down on our chances with him for a while. Our involvement has just not seemed all that consistent and the other teams going after him are big time brands. I donā€™t remember the last recruitment that felt like this at this stage that we pulled out, but maybe Iā€™m forgetting somebody.

3 Likes

I could see it as a way to stay flexible if thereā€™s a coaching change during/after the season. Though canā€™t you avoid that situation by signing the financial aid commitment but not a NLI? Iā€™m hazy on the details but remember it being a big topic of conversations when some schools were refusing to release recruits from NLIs after coaching changes.

3 Likes

That might be what Iā€™m remembering (and I didnā€™t read the source material, so maybe thatā€™s what Elmarko has in mind)

Oh just some CLā€™s here in the bourbon capital of the world!
Bardstown, KY!

1 Like

Elmarko Jackson Sr. was part of the '98 Temple football team that went into Lane Stadium and upset the then #14 ranked Hokies.

Which means Dad is practically already ā€¦
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Odds just went up to 16%!

8 Likes

My man. Good friends Scott and Kent Johnson moved to Bardstown when we were young. Remember big HS sports rivalry in that town I think

Headed to a spot here for Cuse game in a while for Modelos!

1 Like

My Man!!
Kick them back Brother!!

1 Like

and yesā€¦ big HS rivalry!

1 Like

The color of that shirt

1 Like

I am unsure why any athlete of Jacksonā€™s stature would sign an NLI. As I understand it, the NLI is binding on the athlete but not the university. The scholarship agreement is a far better alternative for the athlete. Back in the day, when the only signing date was the one in the spring, this wasnā€™t an issue. Signing in the fall can be a problem. Coaches change jobs. Programs are put on probation. A lot can happen by seasonā€™s end. Unless youā€™re a prospect ranked in neighborhood of #200 or so, just signing the scholarship agreement, which isnā€™t binding on either party, is the better option, IMO. I think that Jackson is showing good judgement. Which is another reason Iā€™d like him on Virginiaā€™s roster.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s NIL by definition and NIL in practice, which is basically paying a player for no particular name image or likeness. Doing the Bill Self special right out in the open. Itā€™s sometimes hard to discern whatā€™s what. Typically if players say itā€™s important to them it means the Bill Self special, not the actual name image likeness.

They really should have come up with a better acronym for NIL. Topic at the moment is NLI for National Letter of Intent. Or maybe Iā€™m tracking the convo wrongā€¦dunno anymore.

3 Likes

Lol youā€™re right. Just paying half attention on my part. My bad.

1 Like