2022 Recruiting Scenarios

Let’s retire that 22 recruiting thread that’s been lingering since June.

15 Likes

https://omaha.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/grand-islands-isaac-traudt-is-starting-to-get-attention-from-college-basketballs-elite-programs/article_4a442f42-2dbf-5772-a917-8c73c81e2f1a.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_NEBHSRecruits

3 Likes

Dude is literally skyrocketing. Duke, Gonzaga, Michigan St, Kansas, and the Hoos all in the last few weeks

So is Duren a pipe dream, or someone we could actually have a chance with if we pursue heavily??? Obviously he’s gonna get looks from just about every blue blood being the #2 ranked guy in the class, but with his size and shot blocking ability he seems like the kind of OaD who would come into our system and thrive both offensively and defensively.

1 Like

Total pipe dream I think. And my guess is they’ve already realized that and won’t bother. But he is someone they’re very familiar with. Vandross and Williford have been to see him and Justice Williams at Roman Catholic ¶, both now transferred to Montverde. It’s an easy offer to make, really all i was saying there.

3 Likes

Did Caleb Houstan move to the 21 class and are we still involved with him?

1 Like

Houstan is in '21, yeah. He probably won’t decide until next Spring. It’s a long shot for UVA.

2 Likes
2 Likes

New 2023 top 50. Anyone we should keep our eye on for the future?

Gus Yalden just for the giggles. Dude highlight reel is hilarious but also amazing. Baby Jokic

Rob Dillingjam is a 23 I would like

“I’ve recently been approached by Kentucky, Virginia, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Florida State, North Carolina, Duke, Memphis, Auburn, LSU, and many more schools, but I’m still keeping my options open,” Lively II told Stockrisers.com

1 Like

Well this far out it’s just coincidence stuff. Guys they’ve seen while watching others, or that happen to have relationships with UVA folks. Here’s the ones that stood out to me.

#5 Kwame Evans. Baltimore guy they’ve communicated with since TB accidentally saw him against DaRon Holmes over the winter.

#13 Mackenzie Mgbako. His AAU coach is some guy named Jerome.

#24 Caleb Forster. point guard from NC had a huge summer. They’ve talked to him.

#34 Maki Johnson Same AAU program as McKneely. They’ve seen and inquired.

#37 Chris Lockett. Jr. Vandross stopped by to see him on trips for Beekman.

#45 DeShawn Harris-Smith PVI guy, Willy is already on it.

#47. Shawn Simmons Goes to Friends Central of Dre Hunter fame

3 Likes

Is Jaydon Young from GDS a 23? Love that guy

1 Like

I’m also a big fan of his based on the games if theirs I’ve watched. I think HGN said he is a 23 but there’s a pretty good chance he reclasses to a 22.

Yeah he’ll probably move into '22 if the right school wants him. He reclassed back a year when he transferred into GDS. These rankings are a joke right now. All reputation and not even thorough on that basis, heavily skewed to the midwest players that Brian Snow is familiar with. Leaving Dennis Parker out of the top 50 is laughable.

4 Likes

Figure staff will have an assistant watch this event as well

1 Like

yeah he posted UVA earlier

1 Like

lol did not see that

1 Like

He’s referring to Justin Taylor

4 Likes