2022 Recruiting Scenarios

Would be very disappointed if he doesn’t end up a Hoo.

2 Likes

Eh, we’ve already got two guys in Taylor and McCorkle that fit the same mold/skillset.

2 Likes

I know McCorkle, but who is Taylor? I’m drawing a blank.

2 Likes

Sure he means Murray

4 Likes

I get it on the court but there’s something special about having the hometown kid on a great team. Gordon Hayward at Butler comes to mind. Or Culver at Texas Tech. Obviously it’s not necessary for us to make another Final Four but it would be nice to have that hometown kid at some point.

4 Likes

Lol yea my bad meant Murray. And yea I get the hometown kid sentiment. Heck I grew up playing against the guy in three sports so would be dope to see him at uva. But would rather prioritize other positions of need in ‘22 esp cuz I’m really high on Murray

8 Likes

I think Murray is a big overlap with Taylor. He probably will get an offer but will we recruit him? Idk. He’s definitely good enough for UVA but what will be the needs of the roster when it comes around to 2022 recruiting?

Syracuse and Butler seemed to be very interested in him. If UNC or Duke don’t offer looking for a shooting guard, I could see him killing it at those schools and developing into a potential NBA player. He already has a solid base skillset working out with Damin.

3 Likes

True and it probably depends on who leaves at the end of this season so we might not have an answer until April.

1 Like

Taylor is fixing to commit according to his IG

whaaat?

Just took a gander and I don’t see anything of the sort

I seen it when I seen where justin spoke on Carson’s post. I went to him and it had his commitment with a timeline. It shocked me so I went back and seen it again. I will recheck when I get home in a few

Commit to UVA?

I cant find it now. I sware I seen it but it must have been someone else’s page because he was black. I was thinking Lucas Taylor but it said Justin

It was Lucas Taylor that you saw.

Yes it was .I cant read obviously. Who is he down to? We did have some interest in him

6 Likes

Probably Wake Forest or Providence

1 Like

PG from Texas that had a big summer, son of a prominent AAU coach down there. We seem to like guys fitting that description this year.

5 Likes