2022 Recruiting

11 Likes

Pangos camp stats. The “Virginia” team sucks. Ven Allen Lubin, who has mentioned UVA interest, is had a good game.
https://twitter.com/XcceleratedM/status/1401805065753567236?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1401805065753567236|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fcollege%2Fduke%2Fboard%2Fduke-blue-devils-basketball-message-board-101614%2F

2 Likes

Is a DeAndre type wing.

With Leon Bond, Josh Reed, Robert Jennings, Dominick Barlow, Ven Allen Lubin, Chauncey Wiggins, etc., it will be interesting to see where Tony ends up focusing on for the wing defender and power forward spot. Lots of different skillsets there and probably with the yet to be nameds as well.

3 Likes

Is that an intramural game? The opponents appear severely physically overmatched. And the camera man is on the court. :joy:

That being said, appreciate the highlights. He’s got a good motor, crazy length, seems fluid, and pretty explosive.

4 Likes

Yeah, I instantly thought “If the camera is on the court while the highlights are being filmed, this is basically just exhibition basketball.” That said, he might be great - I just can’t take highlights like that seriously haha. (And that’s no hate on them being posted - greatly appreciated - just found it funny)

Oh yeah definitely a charity event or church league. Nothing too serious. I think his play at the Pangos camp against top 50 talent and his incredible play the last few aau weekends speak more to his game but I couldn’t find clips of them.

2 Likes

It was too easy to not to have a little fun with those clips.

The next six weeks are going to be really fascinating to see which directions Tony goes. I haven’t invested more than a few seconds time to each wing prospect, but Lubin’s length really stands out to me and could jump him up my own personal wishlist over a guy like Bond once Tony’s list takes shape and I dive in to those that are getting our attention.

2 Likes

I was talking with @HoozGotNext and he made a great point: We don’t even know how tall these kids are without seeing them play in person.

Tyler Nickel Ive seen listed at 6’8 but in clips others have pointed out he might be shorter than Justin Taylor. Tony needs to bring the measuring tape with him. Will be interesting to also see these wings in action on the defensive end and who they can guard

6 Likes

I agree, it’s gonna be fun seeing where the staff goes and who they track. I’m interested to see where the next offer comes in general. Not sure why but I keep going with Jameel Brown in my gut with the next wave of offers. Regardless, it’ll be fun to see what happens.

We all know what happens this weekend. The Traudt/McKneely visit is big. It would be a huge pull to get Traudt after his visit. Probably the top 2 targets for 2022 in June would be massive but I don’t expect it. And there will be the cliff divers ready to say the staff needs to move on if it doesn’t happen, even with info out UVa appears to be very well positioned and extremely hard to beat. This weekend, the staff gets to set the bar, that’s big. Sometimes, things have to play out and boxes need to be checked before a kid is ready to pop.

1 Like

Young didn’t create any blueprint. He followed what Pastner did to frustrate us the week before.

1 Like

(Jameel Brown in the Team Final Group)

I have a gut feeling Lubin isn’t going to be a 3 star for much longer. In an ideal world we would have already closed on him before his ranking exploded a la Guy and Jerome. Stupid COVID.

3 Likes

Sheesh I did not think Traudt could do this

6 Likes

Austin Nunez and Ven-Allen Lubin make top 60 at Pangos camp (30-60 range/ neither in top 30/surprised Lubin missed out on top 30 after his day 1 showing). Jameel Brown didn’t make top 60 but thats expected of a guy who will probably end up ranked 70s/80s at a camp loaded with top 50 2022/2023 recruits. Also he fits the role of the Brogdon combo guard willing to develop 4 years and come off the bench in sparse minutes his first two years to pack up a jr/sr 35 mpg Reece Beekman

https://twitter.com/PangosAACamp/status/1402366582664298499/photo/1

Also Chris Bunch made top 60 but no idea if we are still in contact/he’s probably Cuse or USC bound.

Ernest Udeh and Yohan Traore are centers I hope get a look this summer, but it might be too late as they are already in blow up mode. Udeh being on Lubin’s aau team and Traore being the center on Nunez’s team.

5 Likes

[quote=“TobaccoRdHoo, post:139, topic:2529”]
I don’t think VT will suplant Duke and UNC consistently by any means. But MY has proven from a pure coaching perspective that he can compete with them. That game in Blacksburg against UVA last year was a coaching masterpiece and became a blueprint for every other coach in th ACC on how to play UVA which began a stretch of losses. Tony being the great coach he is made adjustments and won the regular season title. But that game proved that MY can be a problem.
[/quote] I am gonna have to see MY coach and win some more big games against UVA before I anoint anything he does as a masterpiece…it helps greatly when the refs are handing out personal fouls on UVA like Halloween candy…I thought Keve Aluma was wearing #23 the way he was getting to the line…

Justyn Fernandez also had a good game at the Pangos camp.

Seen him labeled as a 6’6 wing but he refers to himself as a combo guard.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPljKPXjTWJ/

5 Likes

On the eve of a big weekend for UVA basketball, some more recent highlights of Ven-Allen Lubin vs non-church league players

(For the old timers it’s multiple clips, you have to click on the grey arrow for the next one).
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPdqj_1nk15/

Both play at the same aau program. Would be a nice duo

6 Likes

Woah. If he goes to Villanova (they need a center, local philly school), oh boy.

Probably between Nova, Michigan, Miami, and the $1 million g league offer. Pretty crazy to turn down one million unless you think you can make big NIL on a school’s brand plus your own brand and long term investment of college exposure.

1 Like

Mixed messages…

1 Like

Apparently this all leaked while he is on his official visit to Miami.

1 Like