2022 Selection Sunday Discussion Thread

Richmond is definitely an underdog I can cheer for. Small team, big fight!

3 Likes

I think Richmond is the only school to win in the tournament as an 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 seed. I haven’t verified that but read it somewhere. It sounds right though. Pretty cool stat if you’re a Richmond fan.

2 Likes

Eagle and Spanarkel are probably the best announcers in the biz.

Ha ha! A Washington wedgie. :joy:

4 Likes

Any good podcasts or sites to read after the brackets are out that analyze each game?

Three man weave podcast usually does a full betting breakdown of the whole field.

2 Likes

That seems like a big jump. Most people had them right on the cut line yesterday. Beating Duke is a really good win, but jumping 2 seed lines seems like a stretch in my opinion.

Mannenga saw those kids bringing back the mullet, and was like “Oh yeah, how about the butt cut?”

2 Likes

This particular game is a slog, but I generally enjoy the Davidson brand of basketball, especially on offense. It has a nice combo of spread spacing at times and lots of player motion.

1 Like

I was ready to bury Richmond a few minutes ago.

2 Likes

Spanarkel knows his shit. keeps saying Richmond needs to get it going to the basket and is absolutely making the difference

3 Likes

Rutgers fans are going to be very nervous today. They are currently riding the line at 68th average on most brackets. I expect heart medication in the area to go up in sales.

2 Likes

Them or ND. Palm says Xavier.

Also, I’d call the Matthew Cleveland playe here…

1 Like

Richmond could be a dangerous team in the tourney. Old group with a couple playmakers. Probably just saved their coach’s job too.

7 Likes

I don’t know how you’d measure it, but this year has to be one of the most unforgiving bubbles, ever.

Not going to lie, been kind of depressed all day. No Selection Sunday jitters or excitement this year……Have made horrible eating decisions on top of it as well. Just been kind of salty all day. I killed a deer with my bare hands for no reason this morning, just because it looked at me wrong. Going to have to embrace the NIT and Jedi mind-trick myself into thinking it’s awesome. About to make some fish tacos and settle in for the pre-selection show….Hope Wake gets in - they certainly deserve it.

13 Likes

Celtics Mavs game is on … all’s good

1 Like

Meanwhile Durant had a cool 53 pts and 9 assists

1 Like

Looking for my ring all day. Seems to have mysteriously disappeared

2 Likes

The stars have been ballin 8n the nba the last 2 weeks

Bunch of Virginia teams in the tournament and we aren’t one of them. Great job us.

5 Likes