2022 Selection Sunday Discussion Thread

We are now on the fateful day of Sunday, March 13th, Selection Sunday. This thread is for discussing predictions on the final conference tournaments, placements, theories, opinions, and other ideas revolving around Selection Sunday and seeding.

Here is predictions for seeding along with what each source thinks: http://bracketmatrix.com/

The show begins at 6:00 P.M EST on CBS.

There have been many developments in the past week. We saw Virginia Tech go from being in the first four out to winning the ACC tournament. Texas A&M has made a surprise run in the SEC tournament and is currently playing in the championship. Notre Dame sits in the last four in in many brackets and Wake Forest sits outside on a decent amount of brackets as well.

Everybody start preparing your tournament challenges!

4 Likes

Tech winning the tournament may have doomed Wake, because the ACC won’t get 6 as bad as it’s been this year.

Unfortunate because how often will they win 23 and have the ACC POTY and Coach OTY.

6 Likes

I think ACC sneaks 6 in

Edit: no one knows less about these things than I do

2 Likes

I predict the Hokies will be the popular prediction on ESPN tonight for a double digit seed to make a run. The analysts usually have the chalkiest picks imaginable with one underdog.

2 Likes

I think 4 is more likely than 6

1 Like

Personally, I hope the miracle happens and the ACC gets seven. Just pretend our coach is Jim Boeheim and maybe we can make it to the final four. cough 2016 cough

1 Like

So lets call it 5 ha

Throwback name- but tough way to go down for Princeton and former Hoo class of 18 target Jaelin Llewellyn…they had a really nice year at 23-6.

2 Likes

They are going to be a a 9 seed I think. Would be better off as a 10 seed though.

1 Like

Saw some stat where this is one the wackier bubbles recently. Least consensus on bracket matrix compared to last few tourneys.

I hope VT plays Memphis in the 8/9 game in Gonzaga’s region. That way one loses in the first round and the other loses in the second round.

5 Likes

You just mentioned my sleeper team I’ll have in the final 4. Best coach ever plus Penny? See you in New Orleans. And I will be out of my pool the first weekend.

1 Like

Am I the only one who has an irrational hatred for Gonzaga. Something about them just targeting an easy conference every year then losing in the final four or championship constantly makes me slightly dislike them. Of course, they’ll always be the one seed every year.

1 Like

I hated last years team (our ft worth beat down plus high d-bag quotient), but not this years. I just think they’re overrated right now. They were top 10ish in noncon, then they dominated WCC, and everyone forget they’re just good, not great.

2 Likes

They still give me an underdog vibe vs the power conference teams even though they clearly aren’t anymore. They can lose in the sweet 16 though if that makes you feel any better!

1 Like

I watched the WCC final. If St. Mary’s was in the ACC, they would have been vying for 1st place.

3 Likes

They are a scary team finally. Playing almost as well as they were supposed to play all year. I do think they still have flaws that will doom them rather early to a well coached team.

2 Likes

Saint Mary’s is the only reason they don’t go undefeated in conference every year. Sometimes BYU but that is rare.

Norte Dame better be rooting hard for Davidson right now. Bid thief Richmond keeping it close.

4 Likes

Go Spiders. Love their PG. Dude steals everything and so tough

5 Likes