2023-2024 College Football

Week 1 is officially here, so might as well make a thread covering all the non-UVA games.

NCST in a fight with UConn at halftime 10-7. Armstrong has looked decent but Anae’s playcalling has been less than stellar. Also Utah is looking very good at UF without Rising at QB.

2 Likes

Minnesota and Nebraska are in a real barn burner, 3-0 at halftime.

Anae still trash on 4th and 1. Sheesh

Former Hoo RJ Harvey has had a big day for UCF.

10 rushes, 84 yards and 1 TD along with a 50 yard TD catch.

Watching the Nebraska at Minnesota game. From the crowd noise you’d think it wqs in Lincoln. It’s crazy the support Nebraska gets even without recent success.

3 Likes

I think Rhule turns things around there tbh. Highly doubt they get back to being a national powerhouse like they were in the 90’s but I think he gets them a lot of 8-10 win seasons. Question will be whether their fanbase is content with that success, they weren’t when Solich and Pelini were producing those results but maybe enduring the Riley/Frost tenures has humbled them.

2 Likes

Maybe people thought was volleyball…

3 Likes

That’s the death blow to places like Nebraska. Pelini had them at a 9 win program and the fans effectively chased them off. They are clamoring for 1996 and 2000 but those days are long gone.

2 Likes

First offensive play of the game was a run by a RB(!) with Armstrong as the lead blocker(?). Wtf Dr Bob?

2 Likes

What should we call our new football games against Cal? Go real snooty and call it the Public Ivy Bowl?

Has the added benefit of annoying UCLA and Michigan, although maybe they’d call theirs the same thing and market it better… crap.

1 Like

The “Yea! A team we can probably beat!” bowl. Works for both teams.

4 Likes

GT looking very good here in the 1st half against UL. Lots of speed on offense.

1 Like

And of course I jinxed it, 8 minutes left and GT with 0 points so far in the 2nd half. UL takes the lead.

1 Like

Man talk about the tale of 2 halves.

Hoos up watching Stanford and Hawaii? You can jump in on Hawaii +9.5

1 Like

Stanford has a couple of guys here and there, but overall their team looks very meh to me. Maybe Hawaii is a little bit better than expected (they played Vandy pretty tough in week 0) but color me unimpressed by the Cardinal.

1 Like

Like I said in a different threae Stanford looks like an ACC team. Lump them right in with yhe UofLs GTs etc.

1 Like

National Football League GIF by NFL

3 Likes

Extreme amount of envy for Colorado. Must be exciting to have immediate life/excitement infused into the program after a 1-11 season.

7 Likes

Colorado is gonna win this. Wow.

It’s gonna be Travis Hunter mania this week. Heisman frontrunner.

2 Likes