2023 ACC Football Offseason & Coaching Carousel

Phil Longo leaving UNC to go be the OC at Wisconsin under Fickell. I know that UNC fans weren’t too fond of his playcalling down the stretch this season, but he helped produce some extremely good offenses during his time there and got a lot of skill position players drafted. Between this news and reports that Maye is gonna hit the portal soon, this seems like a nightmare offseason so far for the Tar Heels.

1 Like

Hearing lots of rumors about Maye hitting the portal

And just like that Maye announced he’s back to UNC

3 Likes

Robert Anae to NC Statem. Dude is making the rounds

3 Likes

Lots of interesting but unsubstantiated rumors floating around right now. Cuse fans saying that Babers and Anae butted heads throughout the year, some people on social media speculating that Babers is heading to Purdue, others throwing out the possibility that Armstrong transfers to NCST.

Regardless, if I’m Syracuse I’m doing everything I can to keep Jason Beck on staff.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t bet against NC State getting Armstrong

2 Likes

BA to NC State makes too much sense with Anae in tow.

2 Likes

Update, looks like Cuse is in fact promoting Beck to OC. Honestly this situation turned out great for them lol.

3 Likes

First transfer commit!

https://twitter.com/_Gym_Rat/status/1602029755896930304?s=20&t=K1MmcRMsxZMXk6hBRFTimw

7 Likes

Another one!

15 Likes

GOT EM. Gotta believe he’s the future starter.

3 Likes

BA mess around at NC State and break some records ha

2 Likes

Will go ahead and move my post here instead of the other thread.

Picked up two players via the transfer portal today, OL Daijon Parker from Saginaw Valley State and QB Tony Muskett from Monmouth.

Parker is a grad transfer and a late bloomer, 6’6, 300 lbs. with good athleticism. Offer list was mostly MAC teams, but his upside will get him some lookers from the NFL so hopefully this one ends up being a steal.

Muskett was a two-time first team all-conference player at the FCS level and is from the state of VA. He had an offer from Mizzou as well as us and has a 247 portal rating of .88 (same as Cade McNamara and one point below BA to give some perspective on where that lands him). From watching his tape he doesn’t have a big time arm but he gets the ball where it needs to go and is very accurate, which could fit our offense better than Armstrong did given all the intermediate passes we attempted.

10 Likes

I’m intrigued by Muskett all time qb name. But from what I’ve read he’s generally well regarded for his play. I don’t think he’s a star but he’s absolutely the best qb on the roster right now and can likely do what the staff ask of him

10 Likes

I am in no way an expert QB scout, but from what I’ve seen of him I think he’ll fit the offense better than Brennan did. While Muskett doesn’t have the ridiculous arm talent or athleticism that BA does, he’s got an ability to go through multiple reads in the intermediate passing game without resorting to a throw into coverage or looking for a lane to run. He’s been praised for his deep accuracy but his arm didn’t really stand out to me too much, it was more the accuracy on his throws and his ability to move up and out of the pocket.

8 Likes

Exactly what I thought from the few clips I’ve seen. Someone with the ability to make reads and go through their progression will make a massive difference. From what I can tell Elliotts offense has never been about taking the top off the D so Musket doesn’t need to have an elite deep ball just a consistent one when call upon

1 Like

Even with his offenses being as efficient as they were at Clemson, the one complaint I consistently saw from their fanbase was that his playcalling was extremely conservative. He loved the screen game and rollout passes into the flats, which is why I think not having Kemp for a majority of last season killed us as he would’ve thrived on those plays. Hopefully we’re able to land Malik Washington from Northwestern to fill that slot role, that could end up being a massive pickup.

3 Likes

Yup for all the firepower Clemson had it was more routine plays going yard eith exceptional athletes. You see it even now witb Cosch Elliott gone. They work to get guys into space and love that underneath stuff. Hunter Renfrow was produced from that system.

Looks like we’re losing 2J to NCST.

3 Likes

Wait his name is Garret?

2 Likes

Allegedly. Could’ve sworn it was Thanos.

4 Likes