2023 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Thought it was time for a new thread about this. And what better way to kick it off. Slick Rick back to Athens?? :eyes:

6 Likes

Ty Jerome is Greek?

12 Likes

Ha! Yeah, look like cousins.

3 Likes

Legit thought you meant Athens Georgia UGa

8 Likes

Me, too. I was like “Athens has WAY more than 1200 people, and since when was Pitino linked to them?”

1 Like

You guys hear Athens and you think of Georgia? Socrates just rolled over in his grave to drink more hemlock… :joy:

5 Likes

Ti Kanhis? Haney

1 Like

It’s all Greek to me

2 Likes

Dragon 20 yrs ago woulda thought Greece current day all i see is Uga around me.

Also after intro to Philosophy i dropped Socrates and jumped on the Decartes bandwagon

2 Likes

If Socrates followed college hoops as much as we did, he’d understand.

5 Likes
5 Likes

As discussed in the other thread:

4 Likes

Here’s a place to track all the coaching moves (warning: noisy ad when you open)

1 Like

Not sure if it was covered in another thread and at this point it’s kinda old news, but apparently Ole Miss is already targeting Chris Beard for their vacancy. Not a surprise by any means.

5 Likes

Forgot that Beard was lurking out there. A turn in the SEC is too on brand.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Gotta admit, I know I should no longer be surprised, but I’m a little surprised.

When you lose a key witness, I can understand why a DA would decide to drop charges, but that doesn’t mean the incident didn’t happen (to be fair, doesn’t mean it happened the way we initially might have guessed, or even in a lesser form). I figured Beard would get another chance because he’s a really good coach, but I figured he might need a period where he at least could lay low, reflect, whatever… but, I guess not. I’m sure Ole Miss did a thorough investigation …

3 Likes

Well, it’s not he killed anyone. If he had, he could go to Alabama.

6 Likes

Or Syracuse, NY

ouch

2 Likes