2023 Basketball Coaching Carousel

I’m amused that Ole Miss’s basketball hire could make Lane Kiffin seem like a model citizen.

1 Like

I mean, Liberty had a coach who hired hookers and an AD who covered up sexual assaults at Baylor. There just isn’t a lot of concern in college sports regarding morality.

3 Likes

In all seriousness, who are the early obvious candidates to take over for Jimmy at Cuse? Is it Gerry McNamara’s to turn down, or do they do a real search?

1 Like

The rumor earlier this season was Red (Adrian) Autry, the other long time assistant

2 Likes

Man if Cuse hires from within… that person is set up to fail right?

5 Likes

I don’t know if he’ll be able to maintain it, but I don’t know how attractive it would be to someone outside the coaching tree.

4 Likes

It’s the classic Catch 22 of the proud old fan base. A lot of the diehards including megadonors may not back an outsider, but at the same time clearly new blood is needed.

4 Likes

Need to find a potential coach who is really into Finger Lakes Riesling

5 Likes

That was just so the Liberty President could watch.

3 Likes

The SEC schools generally live by the creed of “if you’re not cheating you’re not trying.” It’s a lot harder to do something that is actually “cheating” these days but morally questionable …
The other point here is the SEC is going to be that much stronger if Old Miss hires Beard. The Rebels will be good in two years.

2 Likes

Woman admittedly provokes a fight.
Woman admittedly makes it out to be more than it was.
Woman admits he was defending himself.
Coach gets fired anyway.

Hope Ol’ Miss hires you coach Beard. Good for you.

1 Like

Nobody is saying the guy should go to jail. I’m just saying he might’ve enjoyed a year counting his money and reading self help books. But maybe I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Which would be all fine and dandy if it jived with the police report.

It’s just as likely: woman assaulted by rich boyfriend, woman calls cops in fear for her life, woman realizes she’s out of a mansion and a meal ticket if she presses charges, woman recants statement accordingly.

My guess is the decision makers at UT knew exactly what happened and didn’t give a rip if she recanted to try and salvage her situation.

9 Likes
7 Likes

good riddance jack ass.

5 Likes

She’s a legit reporter and AP Voter…

But why are they hiring in house? I know Autrey and McNamara have been rumored for ages but you feel like Cuse would want a fresh start.

3 Likes

There’s actually some talent on that roster. If you can keep Mintz, Bunch, Taylor, Brown, and Benny Williams around another year, a good coach will actually win some games with that, especially if you can fill in holes at the 2- and 5-spot through the transfer portal.

4 Likes

They still going to play that zone?

3 Likes

I’m guessing from Boeheim’s comments he made a deal with the administration, I’ll step down if you hire Red.

12 Likes