2023 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Wow, that’s cold. No Syracuse press conference to thank JB; just a here’s your new coach. I guess he was “retired” by Syracuse. JB put Syracuse on the map; what an unceremonious departure.

3 Likes

He did say today that he gave the speech last week to retire. Just a weirdo

6 Likes

This is so weird. I wonder who’s in the better position now, former coach-in-waiting Mike Hopkins at Washington, or Autry taking over this bad team?

Boeheim lost 440 games in his career

4 Likes

My guess is he did enough to piss off the administration and maybe even his players down the stretch that no one was in the mood to throw him a retirement party.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s my guess as well.

U know…I think he got pissed bc he lost and he’s not happy about leaving completely…so he threw a coach b hissy fit so the admin had no choice but to announce for damage control…they were probably planning on announcing after the tournament

I’m sorry, I try to avoid these types of conversations, but it’s so incredibly misogynistic to say a victim of domestic violence recanted because she was afraid of losing her “meal ticket.”

Anyone who has ever dealt with domestic violence victims – or has an ounce of compassion – understands that there are numerous reasons that women are afraid of pursuing criminal charges, including the fear that it will provoke more violence, or that the system (including the mostly male police officers and judges) is rigged against them so it’s not even worth trying. There are just as many abused women in trailer parks who drop charges as there are living in mansions. Probably more. And most domestic violence cases don’t even get reported in the first place.

10 Likes

Njhoo I agree…but maybe she just dropped charges bc she wanted to move on and didn’t want to destroy his life…it could be altruism too…none of us know the extent of abuse, the length of it and her reasoning…only the 2 people involved know…so I understand the other side too…bc it happens…but without facts it’s unfair to say that about her

1 Like

Maybe he just didn’t want his party to be in greensboro

8 Likes

Calling it now add Cuse to the list of ACC schools that used to be somebody

1 Like

Syracuse talking about hiring a guy from inside the program immediately instead of doing a full search and going outside the program

3 Likes

I find it odd that we have 3 ACC legacy programs in a row that have gone internal to replace the big guy. And in all three cases no experience for the replacement. It could work out but curious risk benefit analysis going on.

5 Likes

My guess is the schools give the legend leaving too much voice on that. Maybe the coach even says I will step down but you gotta hire X…

4 Likes

I mean that is how CTB got his start…

1 Like

Yea but CTB is the GOAT so…

3 Likes

Didn’t CTB coach down under?

1 Like

He had a coaching role on the NZ team he was playing for. But got his real start under Dick during the Wis FF run

1 Like

I think with Beard there is the possibility that he’s demonstrated behavior that caused Texas to find the idea that he was violent with his girlfriend very believable. If his history of behavior was more like Tony’s, I think they would have given him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t know anything, but it doesn’t seem to be UT’s character to cut loose a winner if they don’t feel very compelled to do so.

3 Likes