2023 Late Recruiting Cycle

I think “staying put” is a decision meant to play off in the out years. I think that was basically painters reason for staying put. It just turns out that team was much better than expected, likely because Edey was so good.

Shaka stayed put this off-season and the second year of Kolek et al paid off.

Heck, look how much better Armaan was this year

(Basically there’s not a single strategy that always pays off)

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/calebwill1ams/status/1637195440775917569

4 Likes

What rumors were there? He hasn’t come up on this board in a while

1 Like

No idea. I was curious as well

1 Like

The fact that nobody (apparently) on the UVA side has heard anything means that the rumor didn’t include us

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1637230459716247555

2 Likes

Interesting that Cuse isn’t on the list

I liked Beagle’s game a lot when we played against him, but not sure if he’s really what we need in the frontcourt. As HGN has said before us just reaching out doesn’t really mean much, but I want a guy who is a big time athlete and rim protector.

2 Likes

I was close

8 Likes

Nah. 27% from 3. 62% FT

3 Likes

Same aau program as Gertrude. Still dont know how i feel about this contact.

Wish staff would be like “woah albany gave a first year the chance to play right away and he developed nicely because their staff gave him confidence and let him play through the mistakes. Imagine if we did that with our more athletic quicker better 3pt shooting top 60 recruit?”

Beagle would be worse than buchanan in the packline with his slow foot speed. And doesnt have that much experience

Just let the young guys play to raise future floors and ceilings

2 Likes

Beagle was one of those guys who was productive in the EYBL at the level that typically gets recruited at this level but just didn’t pass the eye test I assume. Sorta like Gardner back in the day.

4 Likes

He seems like the kinda dude who just knows his game really well, both his strengths and weaknesses. Sticks to what he’s good at. But he’s not an overwhelming athlete by any means and I can’t imagine what he’d bring to our rotation is anything that BB wouldn’t eventually provide with a bit of experience.

If I were him, I’d look at St. Bonaventure or something like that, A10ish schools. Typically I think successful young mid major players shouldn’t transfer. You’re doing well, why move. But if you’re kicking ass early at a low major, I think it’s a good idea, just not all the way up the ladder.

6 Likes

Plus unless we have a mass exodus don’t want a 3 yr guy. Grad transfer or 2 ur max

https://twitter.com/austinmassey247/status/1637142841901174784

2 Likes

I think some staffs like to use “XXX says you’re all sewed up for them” just to piss the recruit off about XXX.

Interesting. What type of player is he?

FYI:

Click the up arrow.

Jennings highlights from this past year, not a ton to take from them though since he saw limited playing time.

1 Like