2023 Late Recruiting Cycle

I really wanted him as a HS recruit but choosing Louisville is a little bit of a caution sign for me. Still, he fits the attributes that seem to work for us as an athlete, the question will be his character and approach to the game.

Wisconsin native alert. Milwaukee actually, assume Marquette will be all over him.

https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1637927428495400964

3 Likes

Hes rumored to be heading to Iowa according to Wisconsin boards from a few weeks ago.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think his ideal role is more frontcourt than wing if that makes sense. To give an example, Dunn-Withers with three ball handlers works, but Dunn-Withers-Big Man probably doesnā€™t unless one of them makes a big leap as ball handler. Heā€™s a little light on defensive stats, but Keyā€™s defensive productivity increased at UVA, so perhaps Louisvilleā€™s general bad vibes are suppresssing his defensive contributions.

6 Likes

I think Withers has some upside but my bet is that he ends up at NC State. Seems like a perfect match, unfortunately.

Maybe Ed Cooley can get him to Georgetown instead. I would expect Cooley to have a big portal year.

3 Likes

ā€œFor me I have new schools reaching out everyday. So far UMass, URI, Richmond, UVA, Wake Forest are among some of the schools who reach out to me a lot and I just got off the phone with Georgia. My recruitment has been all over the place from mid major to high major programs.ā€

3 Likes

Not sure of the fit here, but sounds like a mature dude from that interview. Knows who he is and what he needs.

He would be great if he wasnā€™t just a one year rental. But I donā€™t hate the idea of having him starting at the 5 with Reece, Isaac, Armaan, and Isaac

Or even crazier - Reece, Isaac, Taine, Traudt, Minor

1 Like

I know we need rim protections and he can do some, but Iā€™m really warming up to this type of 5. Tough defender and rebounder, has some post game that will draw doubles. Basically I want a bouncy Gill. As said, paired w Traudt at the 4 that would be ideal.

4 Likes

Iā€™d much rather get a transfer portal kid with 3 years. Iā€™m all in on Beagle.

Nope. 3 years would make it very difficult recruiting 24 bigs and gets in the way of Buchanan.

2 Likes

Would much prefer Minor to Beagle. Only bring him in for one year and he offers a different skillset to every other big we currently have.

8 Likes

I do wish Beagle had a better 3 point percentage. I love spreading the floor.

Almost no highlights of him back to the basket. All are in transition or pick nā€™ roll.

1 Like

Wait is Merrimack the team that couldnā€™t qualify for the NCAA tournament despite winning their conference tournament? So they sent FDU as runner up

8 Likes

If we canā€™t get Kadin to stay (pls stay Kadin) and Armaan also bounces for gleague/overseas

Reece, McKneely, Dunn shooting open 3s, Minor, Traudt

Bench: Dante Gertrude Bond Withers (sell him Trey Murphy 2 year development plan hard and even have Murphy hit him up).

500 3pters each day during the summer for everyone. Win the natty. Teams motto is now ā€œJoy comvs in the morning but Imma need you to get a bucket right nowā€.

4 Likes

office space GIF

Maybe they should do this to Noah machine this summer

6 Likes

Would we look at this guy?

https://twitter.com/g3risingstars/status/1637884179902767110?s=46&t=y0pD4dAiibd6gpo_tXLkaQ

I seriously doubt it. Dual is basically a non shooter.

2 Likes

Iā€™d imagine it would be the same reasoning if Mulready reopens hit recruitment as well.