2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

So far this is working out perfectly for Rick Barnes to join Matt Painter and our own beloved Tony Bennett in reinforcing his reputation for tournament futility. Tennessee has cleared the Duke hurdle, breathed a sigh of relief, and is now the favorite to reach the elite 8. Surely FDU couldn’t pull a St. Peter’s could they?

It’s funny how the narrative changes depending on which round you lose in and to whom. If UT had lost to Duke today, there would be no disgrace. Duke was on a roll, they are Duke, and UT struggled down the stretch without their point guard. But now that they will be the favorite, a loss to FDU or even FAU will be seen as some sort of evidence that Barnes can’t win the big one.

1 Like

Mizzou had a little run at the end of the half there, but I’m not really sure what their offensive game plan is.

Kansas-Arkansas game is great. Slug fest. Horrible discipline and very make shots.

2 Likes

Musselman is a dick though. Chirping at players on the other team.

5 Likes

Refs have been VERY active in this Kansas/Arkansas game. Very few possessions not ending in a foul

3 Likes

Too bad @Hooandtrue never identified this Ricky council as a talent. Probably could’ve been ours.

Kansas ran a play down 3 that took 8 seconds to develop and resulted in trying to go through a double-team at the rim. Drew a foul, but still…

1 Like

I hate the SEC

5 Likes

I am very glad that Musselman is not the guy representing our program

13 Likes

I wish I could quadruple like this

3 Likes

Muss is the worst, but he’s good in the tourney. And now he goes back to the hotel room and gets 5 more guys in the portal.

2 Likes

Princeton is laying a beating on Mizzou.

1 Like

Nice to see something good finally happened for those underdog hedge fund managers.

6 Likes

For other reasons maybe, but I have no problem with the shirt thing. It’s goofy but he’s having fun, which is fine.

2 Likes

It’s a big boy beating too, not a “plucky underdog got really hot with a David strategy” kind of game. Offensive rebounds, holding Mizzou to 38% inside the arc. They are switching everything and daring Mizzou to beat them 1-on-1 and Mizzou just…can’t?

1 Like

Turns to game … forgets who’s on Mizzou … sees Nick Honor… oh.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1637239037365813251

1 Like

The shirt stuff is kooky, but fine and sorta fun. My issue is that he’s just sort of a jerk

6 Likes

Is #20 on Princeton, Evbuomwan, going to be available as a grad transfer? He’s such a good passer for a forward.

1 Like

This. Don’t care about the shirt stuff but he just seems like a huge douche. Not Oats level douche but close

5 Likes