2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

Who’s going to guard the NBA lottery pick big man with 2K career points?

Bracket Maxtrix for 3/12 brackets:

4 - 40
5 - 30
6 - 2
7- 1

From the last update 6 4-seeds, 7 5-seeds and 1 6-seed.

Duke is in position to get what was our four because the ACC wants everyone to know that the second greatest coach in college history — between K and Wooden — fought through so much adversity with a fully healthy roster to go 1-1* (read: 2-0) vs. UVa.

5 Likes

I see UVA/Indiana as lowest 4/highest 5 just don’t know which order so I agree it makes most sense that they are paired.

1 Like

My fave has to be Lunardi moving us down to the 5 after losing to Duke, and moving Indiana up to the 4 after they lost to Penn State.

https://twitter.com/ESPNLunardi/status/1634948052015542273?s=20

5 Likes

Bracket Matrix final crowdsourced predictions on the 4’s. Gonna be close.

7 Likes

Yale = toast

Duke at 4 and UVA at 5 is the path of least resistance for the committee

4 Likes

Am I the only one who really doesn’t want to play Indiana? Their fans travel, they have a Big NBA level PG in Hood-Schifino, and we have no one who can guard TJD (maybe Dunn? Idk)

I think Shedrick on TJD. He’s a legit 5.

2 Likes

Dunn and Kadin can use their length to both TJD and he doesn’t shoot 3s.

It would be the perfect match up for this team.

Poorer shooting, but slightly better inside clemson.

5 Likes

When I Google most accurate Bracketologist it tells me it is someone named Lukis Harkins. Before todays games he has us as a 4 and Duke as a 5. Can you imagine all the crying and whining on CBS and ESPN if that happens. I think I will put my feet and enjoy that as I did the tremendous UVA/Duke last play of the game outrage.

3 Likes

Both us and Duke should be a 4. We both have solid resumes.

3 Likes

Agree.

An 11-loss IU shouldn’t even be considered above 6-loss UVa or 7-loss Duke.

Esp when its best OOC win is Xavier (which happens to be Duke’s best OOC win, too, and probably says something about Xavier as a shoo-in on the 4-line, but I digress).

2 Likes

watch the committee throw us a UVA VCU 5-12 match up

1 Like

I think that is what will happen. They love those regional matchups when they can justify it.

4 Likes

Is what they do what Pitino does? Flip btw press and trapping zone?

From what I have seen yes. Lots of pressure, we have the guards to deal with it. They are not a great shooting team although they did hang 90 on SLU the other night.

1 Like

Half-court D is a matchup zone. They show some pressure until you get into your half-court sets.

Similar to what he ran at UK and UofL, but without the long, quick-twitch athletes.

4 Likes

I used to describe his Ville teams (pre ACC) as guys flyin around everywhere

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/status/1635027580309889028

2 Likes