2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

Yup as long as SC is still playing I think VT can keep dusting that empty shelf.

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of Coach Mox, but us not finding a way to bring Dawn home earlier in her coaching career is truly regrettable.

Imagine Dawn Staley and Tony Bennett coaching hoops under the same roof?

14 Likes

100% Cannot agree with that enough. Biggest mistake in UVa sports history IMO not locking up Dawn when she left Temple.

Often joke Dawn is the one non-UVa coach my daughter can play for.

5 Likes

First Dates Rte GIF by COCO Content

1 Like

Seems that ship done sailed

1 Like

Amazing
https://twitter.com/pmtsportsbiz/status/1637827798533382144?s=61&t=QMToqJNQFSapP93rjwD4Xw

9 Likes

It seems inevitable that the Furman buzzer-beater will be included in One Shining Moment. It’s not clear if they’ll include Kihei’s turnover.

1 Like

I happened to see the free throw “sitter” live. I don’t think I had ever seen that before.

1 Like

I think they’ll include the turnover. It all happened so quickly, they can afford to.

1 Like

Ian Eagle is the best. I believe he called a wedgie in one of our games at some point.

1 Like

Absolutely has - she’s built a machine there. She’d be leaving right AFTER seeing all of her hard work just turn into a juggernaut. You want to reap the rewards of the juggernaut you’ve created, I’d imagine.

Which is why it’s so regrettable we didn’t get her in here when she left Temple.

2 Likes

It’s definitely an interesting “what if…” scenario, but I (vaguely) remember that there was some bitterness at the the way the end of the Debbie Ryan era was handled, and Staley is very close/loyal to Debbie. Maybe someone who knows the history of the women’s program better can weigh in.

1 Like

Yeah I wish they would treat the REGULAR season like it mattered, just like the NCAA tournament matters. Consistency in calls please.

Lol that is hilarious!

1 Like

Order of teams I’d like to see win the title, from most to least:

1. Miami - ACC, Larranaga…don’t really care how much they paid for the team
  2. K State…wouldn’t that make VTech the only P5 without a natty?
  3. Princeton
  4. SDSU
  5. FAU - Probably would have put them above SDSU if not for the dunk attempt
  6. Houston
  7. Texas
  8. UCLA
  9. UConn
  10. Creighton - Don’t really have anything against them, but would prefer not to tempt Traudt :wink:
  11. Tennessee
  12. Arkansas
  13. Michigan St
  14. Xavier
  15. Gonzaga
  16. Easily Alabama

And yes, I spent a good chunk of my adult life in SEC country.

8 Likes

My 10 year old just started paying attention the last 18 months or so. His 3 favorite teams are Virginia, Purdue and Carolina … Brutal last 3 weeks for him … he couldn’t believe Purdue’s guards not being able to hit wide open shots and help Edey out. Despondent.
He wasn’t really old enough to understand either 2018 or 2019.

At least I still have UCLA to cheer for - lived in LA for 20 years and my father-in-law has his masters there.

Whoa, heck no on all the cheaters. Short list for me, in no real order. FAU Princeton SDSU Zags Sparty UConn Houston.

Everybody else cheaters or dirty or Sean Miller or all the above. And screw the SEC

1 Like

No doubt South Carolina are heavy favorites and UConn are the 2 in VT region. VT have a chance. Not a great chance, but probably the best chance since Vick vs FSU.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1637975660101599232

They need to tell us last four in and first four out lol

3 Likes