2023 Off-Season Basketball - Outside UVa

With all these guys coming back AND a class of 5 top 20 players coming in, if Duke doesn’t win the title it might be the biggest underachievement in recent memory.

5 Likes

Nah they’ll just say that Scheyer is doing an incredible job in his 2nd year.

2 Likes

Might be a chance with Holmes if he portals though

Nvm lol

https://twitter.com/derecklively/status/1643314098430459907?s=46&t=pVqmP5SkBYWlQe9beqo3MA

1 Like

If gaining something from our comments is the bar to cross, we can go ahead and shut down the whole board lol

9 Likes

Because the past can be instructional. It’s possible that there was nothing that could keep Traudt here. But it’s possible that him playing could have made him feel a more integral part of the team, and that could assuage feelings of homesickness (or any other reason a guy might choose to transfer out). Roster management is easier when guys feel a compelling reason to stick around. Something to remember when we have talented young guys but we’re looking at more experienced transfers to bring in.

5 Likes

Just based on gut and reading…
There is no way he would’ve stayed no matter what.

2 Likes

Yeah but we’re not staff LOL This is a fan message board. I wish we could do poll votes to decide actions. Can you imagine?

1 Like

True, we aren’t staff. But your original beef was about bringing up Traudt repeatedly because there a nothing we could do about it. So what about endless discussion of potential transfers, when there’s nothing we can do about those either? I think the Traudt situation should inform the discussion on transfers. There are comments here that act as though roster construction is a random string of events. It’s not. Roster management should be a purposeful pursuit, starting with how the guys already on our roster are treated, developed, and given opportunity to succeed. Staff is responsible for it. Message boards talk about it.

8 Likes

Im talking about bringing up Traudt next season for the sole purpose of shitting on UVA lol.

And not mentioning it now during portal season, but when it gets brought up continually during the next season.

4 Likes

I’m ok with it if you can get everyone to not talk about Shedrick too.

Maybe I’ll just talk about dawgs then. Everyone loves that.

4 Likes

Interesting way to see all the way too earlys:

3 Likes

He sure did seem unhappy covering our teams. Good riddance.

2 Likes

This is called groupthink

1 Like

I would call it “Teams that did well in the tournament, and bluebloods”. Pretty lazy. Then again it’s also a pointless exercise to be doing this before we even know what the rosters are.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1644371525053628418?s=46

3 Likes

Oh wow.

Juwan Howard ain’t it at UM if I’m being honest. They just aren’t disciplined enough… so this is a perfect fit.

3 Likes

Re: the Cleveland news. I really thought Hamilton would consider hanging it up after last season. I can’t see him going on another run. He needed that 2020 team to be his swan song…

1 Like

Maybe this should be in the NIL thread, but Fran is taking a L here:

https://twitter.com/jucoadvocate/status/1646875183855308801

5 Likes