2023 UVa Offseason Chatter

I can never laugh at that pic because one of my senior HS picks looks basically the exact same minus the fanny pack

13 Likes

I’m not going mock anyone wearing a mock turtleneck in high school. I was wearing a leisure suit in my senior photo. (Maybe I should post this in the Old Farts thread?)

4 Likes

Let’s see it @BDragon

5 Likes

The picture? Yes please

3 Likes

I will start a gofundme to see this pic Dragon lol

7 Likes

I’ll take a look to see if I have it here at the house if I do I’ll post. I know there’s a few at Mama Dragon’s place may have to get her to send them when she gets back.

I’ll post what I got in the Old Farts Thread

2 Likes

What current UVa player hoops do we have to look forward to until next November? Taine doing anything FIBA related? Anyone playing in Kenner (or too early to know) ? Anything else?

** (other than watching Reece play 5 on 5 in the Combine)

2 Likes

BB in the U-19 camp/tourney?

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2023/03/mjnt-coaching-staffs.aspx

3 Likes

Awesome. Is he on that, or you just guessing?

Chicago Bulls Smile GIF by NBA

5 Likes

Fair enough, hope he at least gets an invite to the camp (whenever it is). 6 months is a long time!

Get everyone to CVille in June and play some old school pick up with Ty and Dre etc. Kyle has a camp down there too. Hopefully Devon London etc all be back

8 Likes

They announced the U19 women’s camp a couple of days ago, and they play in July as well, so the men’s camp announcement must be coming soon.

3 Likes

Yup, saw that when I googled, too. The nice thing about recruiting so many international guys for a while is we got a nice mid-summer check-in (with FIBA, etc.).

I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with NBA playoffs, and then my favorite NBA product – the summer league, for a couple months. Plus some janky AAU streams.

2 Likes

We’ll also get the snazzy edit instagram “summer work” videos soon which we can spend a few weeks analyzing

3 Likes

Yeah now that the Celtics have decided to go home early…

1 Like

Good start, but I’d go further and ban secondary defenders from drawing charges. I want the rules to incentivize contesting shots rather than falling over.

3 Likes

I respectively disagree with all this charge taking slander. haha The way the game is going with all the ball screen/iso play the last thing I want is to give players more reason to barrel into the paint. Hard enough to defend already.

11 Likes

Fair enough. I think it would have to come with some pretty aggressive enforcement of offensive player push offs, I still want to reward the primary defender for beating their guy to the spot. To put it another way, I want a similar number of charges, but I want them to happen in a different way that’s a little safer and looks more like good defense.

Tackling moving screens would be another knob they could twist to find a good offense-defense balance.

2 Likes