2023 UVa Offseason Chatter

McKneely and Dunn both listed as honorable mentions here

https://twitter.com/cbb_central/status/1715362664078024756?s=46

5 Likes

On there too…

• Trey Kaufman-Renn, Purdue

If he doesn’t break out this year… perhaps it says Virginia next to his name next year…

3 Likes

Nah - just go with Cofie and Wilkins.

7 Likes

Haven’t bought. Assume the answer is no. But I expect the cheapest get in ticket to be so cheap—under $10? That’s a way to in/out

1 Like

Dontcare it’s a scrimmage that means nothing without context

2 Likes

Assuming Reece McKneely and Dunn are locked in, who starts tomorrow? (I think Buchanan will eventually start end of the season but dont think he’s there in November/under consideration yet).

• Bond
  • Rohde
  • Groves
  • Minor
0 voters
1 Like

Still think default lineup is Beekman, McKneely, Rohde, Dunn, and Minor.

4 Likes

Apparently the UConn fans are saying Hurley keeps it Fort Knox too and are hoping for leaks from the Hoo side.

“I’m hoping the Virginia in the gym hangers on are more forthcoming with details than the other way around. Last year when we played them up here we didn’t even hear a score until the next day.”

2 Likes

RE the scrimmage:

https://twitter.com/trillydonovan/status/1715893616764133762?s=46&t=bv9cjw4g0eEZorinzCXyaA

3 Likes

Do you all think the players DMs are flooded with people asking or do most people respectfully stay away from doing that?

1 Like

Not a good sign. Misery is not fun to talk about. Happiness is hard to keep to yourself. Darn, maybe next year (humor)

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

3 Likes

Responding Jim Carrey GIF

Was this you last night firing off DMs to players? Haha

2 Likes

What were the alternatives? Virginia only returns four players who saw action last year, and only three played meaningful minutes. Beekman is the obvious choice. That leaves Dunn and McKneely. Maybe they tossed a coin. I don’t know, but I don’t think Dunn is a surprising selection.

2 Likes

I already stated that 1 I’m not mad about the choice and 2 Imac was my betting favorite given his role last yr compared to Dunn

2 Likes

So we have not heard anything about the scrimmage?

UConn won in overtime. Heard UVA had a rough start and came on as the game went on. I don’t know any details about individual players etc.

40 Likes

Proly came back when Dante and Eli came in…

7 Likes

Heard exactly this.

Only thing I heard re: players was that both Groves and Buchanan played well and Minor wasn’t utilized that much.

31 Likes

Everyone has been waiting to hear that Groves was the star for us. Really glad to hear that about Buchanan. I’m sure that nobody expected these 2 to step up

2 Likes