2023 UVa Offseason Chatter

Glad you didn’t fall for it!

I meant it to be Murray or Bond and have corrected it.

2 Likes

More Rohde

2 Likes

Is it just me or is his release a bit weird/slow?

3 Likes

it’s you

1 Like

I think it’s not just you, but everyone who sees his shot. Maybe some improvement over the course of last year?

1 Like

Every scouting report I’ve seen talks about it

Example, from CJ Moore / Vecenie:

He’s a good shooter, not a great one. His release takes a little too long to load into at times, although he does show some upside for not needing to dip the ball to get into rhythm and also for hitting them off of movement actions.

4 Likes

scouts schmouts

2 Likes

As we think about the team for next year, and I know this will frustrate folks, but man are we going to miss Kadin and Fish.

Reece
IMK
Rodhe
Dunn
Minor

Vs.

Reece
IMK
Dunn
Traudt
Shedrick

I know folks will say good riddance but man did we lose the biggest questions for the team next year

5 Likes

Dunn is not a 3 so that proposed lineup wouldn’t have happened. Traudt likely would’ve come off the bench. And I think Minor for Shedrick is not THAT big of a drop off if at all. He’s a better screen setter and rebounder

3 Likes

How awesome is it that we get to bring back one of the best point guards in the country to help lead this team of inexperienced but dripping with potential young core we have? Just changed everything about next year in the best way possible. And it doesn’t block anyone from getting the development they need.

Just huge in so many ways. First time I see Reece flanked by Rohde and McKneely there might be a tear in my eye

14 Likes

For next year, I’d have preferred a bought in Traudt with Dunn equivalent minutes last year over Groves, but I don’t think the difference will be huge (for this coming year). But yeah, Shed in his 5th year in the program, with lots of Reece chemistry, and high level rim protection ability over Minor? That’s pretty close to a no brainer.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the guy with the highest NBA ceiling on the team roaming the baseline, waiting for an alleyoop.

5 Likes

Oh it’s definitely a no brainer Shed over Minor but from a production standpoint, I don’t think the gap will be that large. It’s in the nuances of knowing the packline and chemistry with Reece where the gap forms.

I think short term the losses of Traudt and Shed are for the most part offset enough by who we brought in. It’s the long term loss of Traudt - especially if Dunn does go pro after this year - that still stings big time. We are very thin after this year at the 4

9 Likes

But when you see Reece!! On the break flanked by RD and Elijah Gertrude you will really lose your shit

And Reece!! Passes it back to iMac for the 3!

13 Likes

Elijah? And or RD?

1 Like

Have the same question lol

1 Like

Dunn played 4 last year because we needed it and he wasn’t an outside threat. He’s a more natural 3, but he has to shoot like he did in AAU/post grad to be a 3, I agree. But the staff started the season with him as a wing, so have to believe that that is his more natural position. Given our post depth we probably won’t see it this year but he doesn’t make the nba as a 4.

4 Likes

I just can’t see him at the 3 honestly. His handle was really bad last year and that’s coming from one of the biggest Dunn stans you’ll find.

2 Likes

Dunn at the positionless basketball
Bond at the positionless basketball
Reece at the get downhill and make things happen
iMac at the make it rain
Gertrude/Buchanan/minor/Rohde/Groves/Taine at the giggle in the background of highlights while their teammates cook (until Elijah gets healthy then they’ll giggle at him)

That’s my team

12 Likes

THATS MY TEAM

terrell owens images GIF

7 Likes