2024 Class Reachout day (June 15th 2022)

Night shift at work so wasting time on recruiting as always in the downtime. Will be interesting to see if this kid, Bryce Dortch, is someone Tony visits in September. This kid is so well-spoken. He even said, when asked about his role at the next level “High energy off the bench”. Not “40 minutes a game day 1”.

6’9 bouncy forward who shoots 3s. What makes him interesting though is that his contact from UVA wasn’t just an assistant who watched and liked him. It was Tony watching him play vs ElMarko in game one of that Northeast Weekend and telling staff “We need to follow up with that kid”.

Year old highlights (only thing I could find other than clips. Obviously he’s more filled out now and can violently dunk). Trey Murphy would probably be our pitch to him.

6 Likes

Trey Murphy clone and not expecting a ton of minutes up,front…even though I don’t believe that last part…sign me up…

3 Likes

I believe “I’m okay with coming off the bench” translates to “my dad will be gauging interest from other schools in the transfer market December my first year”

3 Likes

Andre Mills [Justin Anderson redux]:

1 Like

Yeah Mills is athletic. Both he and Dortch played up 17 U adidas circuit (both role players for their team)

Stevenson was at UNC today for their Blue:White scrimmage fyi

2 Likes

Juke Harris highlights

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChzvBZNtz3U/

1 Like

Quite an athlete. Can he shoot?

What he’s known for, being a shooter.

@HoozGotNext likes him a lot LOL.

2 Likes

Him and every coach in the country, I imagine

1 Like

Jarin 21
Asa Newell (kid they are interested in) 23
Kon Knueppel 50

Of course ESPN rankings are the worst so especially so for a class barely scouted by them.

2 Likes

Nothing substantial in the article itself but just highlights that in 2024 we are going to go head to head with Villanova a lot. a LOT of overlap in targets and recruits being mentioned with.

3 Likes

Grew up right near Archbishop Stepinac and have seen them play a lot. That 2024 Boogie Fland is the best player I have ever seen suit up for them, including the Griffin brothers (AJ/Adrian) and RJ Davis. In my completely unqualified opinion, he’s going to be a stud wherever he goes (hopefully not an ACC competitor).

1 Like

Ive seen him mentioned on every single board Ive been to. Even the Hokies are trying to get him to visit lol.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure VT could fill up an entire freshman orientation group with all of the guys they want to visit lol

5 Likes

Ill give them credit though. They do get a lot of the kids to actually visit though. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Also I just realized that Angelo Brizzi possibly transferring from Villanova might help us with Abraham even if we dont target him in the portal. Talks about how they are from the same town and went to the same HS before Abraham transferred to PVI this year (Ive seen Abraham and his dad like Brizzi tweets). Also saw on the NOVA board not many of their fans expect Brizzi to make the rotation and stud combo guard Mark Armstrong to man the pg spot. We’ll see how patient Brizzi is. This is his first year coming off a redshirt

6 Likes

Think this is one of Kyle Getter’s kids. Put a lot of west coast kids on our radar when Getter went to that mega tournament in Arizona to watch Blake Buchanan. Just one of the ten trillion wings on our radar.

He’s in that 20-25 range. Duke already has like 6 targets at his spot ahead of him LOL. Might as well try as long as Duke and Kentucky havent been told no by the top 10 kids they are after

3 Likes

Kon offensive highlights and also defending Jarin Stevenson (#3 in red). Also lol at the video title

#0 in red who is “guarding” Kon is Jaxon Prunty I believe. #23 is cam scott, 5 star UNC also wants

1 Like

Team United’s half-court offense is underwhelming for their level of talent.

1 Like
6 Likes