2024 Class Reachout day (June 15th 2022)

Dark Horse for first 2024 offer since Jarin Stevenson is Sir Mohammed. They watched him a few times going back to April.

Ah okay, good call on him. Honestly, I wonder if a couple ‘24 offers go out before new ‘23 offers. Just a little surprised no new movement on ‘23 targets.

1 Like

Yeah. All I can figure is CTB saw all the '23 PGs and all of them either didn’t quite do it for him for whatever reason or quietly indicated they either weren’t interested or weren’t someone CTB wanted to recruit so now he’s looking at '24s.

The only one that really surprises me is DeMary but I guess it isn’t over yet. Also worth noting is that CTB loves doing things quietly. Its possible that there IS someone he really likes, especially if they’re slightly lower profile so far, but CTB is keeping the recruitment super quiet so far.

1 Like

Yeah, just look at Buchanan. When did he first appear on the LRA radar? Yet Tony’s been on him for a year or so? Classic TB.

1 Like

Lol I’m pretty sure HGN mentioned Blake Buchanan last fall but no one cared

4 Likes

In fairness, those early contact days are hard for many of us to really care that much about or process. There’s often like 35 names, the majority of which we’ll never follow up on. It’s very rational to ignore a name until it gets mentioned again when we actually start recruiting them, haha.

7 Likes

It’s been said many times, but CTB might be the best college basketball talent scout in the nation. Unfortunately, the blue blood vultures know it and are always circling over his offers.

5 Likes

If recruits can give a silent commit, why can’t Tony give silent offers

6 Likes

Oh, I’m sure he does. I mean, aren’t most of his offers announced by the kids?

lol They try. Had someone refer to Gertrude as something like that the day it was made. Immediately shook my head…like the guy’s gonna talk about it in an interview this week. And he did the next day.

6 Likes

I hope one day there’s some stud that doesn’t do social media at all, doesn’t do recruiting interviews or updates, and commits so silently that we all look at a UVA basketball October practice video and say “Who is that guy?” I like guys who have disdain for the spotlight. Just me.

4 Likes

I mean TJ Power has like no social media. He is about as close as you could ask.

10 Likes

Rakease Passmore clips

4 Likes

Also Rakease Passmore follows @HOOS on twitter lol. Had 800 followers but only follows 300 (including both Vandross and Williford)

7 Likes

Figure I would keep 2024 talk here since we are still focused on filling 2-3 spots in 2023 as the main recruiting focus

6 Likes

I hear a new 2024 offer is out

13 Likes

Jaeden Mustaf. 2024 but plays 17U/is a team mate of Kaiser. But he’s a North Carolina kid.

2 Likes

And his dad played at Maryland

2 Likes

old school…

2 Likes