'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

Of his cage?

4 Likes

Someone asked who would be the first guy to play for 5 schools. Charlie Moore got close.

I can’t even think of how a 5 school scenario would work. Freshman season at School A: 18-19 —> hardship waiver to School B: 19-20 —> everyone’s free transfer to School C: 20-21 —> new no sit transfer to School D: 21-22 —> grad transfer to School E 22-23? I have no idea how he would graduate if he never spent more than a year at any school though. Maybe you need a sit out redshirt year at the eventual degree granting institution that’s not 20-21.

1 Like

Carolina will be angry for Saturday. However, I have a hard time caring. They aren’t good.

2 Likes

Darrius Bratton played his senior season of high school in 2015 and as far as I know, he’ll be playing for us this fall. I mean, he originally committed to Mike London. He’s in the same HS class as Nick Bosa who’ll be playing his 4th NFL season this fall.

6 Likes

Just noticed McCoy missed tonight’s UNC-ND game due to COVID protocols

1 Like

I think you just forgot, but you did comment on it when someone mentioned it in transfer season…

2 Likes

I missed out. What was I thinking finishing early. Shoulda been on that super duper senior plan.

ND hit 13s and only won by 5. UNC is going to be tough. We need to let Bacot get his and not leave Davis Love and Manek open for 3 by doubling. Gardner is gonna have to stay glued to Manek and attack him on the other end

4 Likes

UNC defends terribly right now but they were missing three guys at ND and they can score inside and out. Will be challenging, but we’ve definitely got a shot at it.

3 Likes

Lol, yes they do. My concern is we dont have the shooters to make them pay like ND did. I doubt either Garcia or McKoy will be back by Sat so maybe we wear them down a la Clemson

2 Likes

I know he grates on some people, but I’m enjoying the Josh Pastner unintentional comedy experience, between the face shield and this amazing press conference quote:

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/lebrownlow/status/1478586104445952003?t=q7_gQnddbUOrCYspkLgE8g&s=19

2 Likes

Man that is some Steiner Math if I’ve ever heard it.

I have no idea what he’s talking about but I got to admit I like this guy. Have no clue if he can coach, but he’s entertaining.

4 Likes

I love the whole wild tangent about wanting to never die, but the most hilarious part to me is at the end when he off-handedly notes “So, I was saying that to the scorer’s table”, and you can just imagine the folks at the scorers’ table being like “Uh, can we have your lineup?" And thinking "Wtf is going on?”

5 Likes

Pitino had a funny tweet:
https://twitter.com/realpitino/status/1478750153116897283?s=21

12 Likes

Lol @jazznutUVA digging into the record. Too many transfers to remember.

1 Like

Amazingly… I remembered your comment… I didn’t dig around trying to implicate you. LOL!

… and yes, too many transfers.

3 Likes

Still the most absurd to me is the even more rare 7th year senior cohort- which I don’t think can happen again given the 1-time Covid waiver.

Guys like Jalen Coleman-Lands, who entered college in 15-16 (!!), four schools during that time (Illinois, DePaul, Iowa State, Kansas)…basically if we still had Mamadi on the roster.

4 Likes

They lost because of tons of TO’s. Bacot had 4. Love had 4 and zero assists. Got to get them to play sloppy.

I’ve never heard of Blake Wesley until this AM (haven’t watched ND yet) and apparently he’s a OAD? From 115 or so in 247? Damn. Vecenie has him #16 on his latest big board.

I think we will likely get a OAD like that in the next several years, but hopefully it’s a year when we are poised to take advantage of it (and next year might not be it).

1 Like