'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

He’s a corrupt liar and cheat. Might not be the start he wanted but it’s the start he deserves.

3 Likes

Look if head coaches are only getting suspended 1 game for actually getting DUIs then players shouldn’t be suspended at all for someone else getting a DUI.

2 Likes

It’s Gardner Webb. Make it the whole game. Look like they are being hard on them.
Now my main question. What would have happened if this had been 2 UVA players?

No suspension will last beyond 11/25 (Duke vs. Gonzaga is 11/26)

2 Likes

What is shocking is ESPN says Banchero was sitting in the backseat… I sure hope there was someone else in the front or Coach K’s grandson is just a glorified Uber driver for the team…

8 Likes

But it’s exactly what we needed. Moral high ground, engage!

1 Like

And we have a winner, folks. This comment will not be topped.

2 Likes

Not ACC but Pat Baldwin’s team got thumped by Florida.

I’m interested to see how playing for Milwaukee works out for him. Was he considered a lottery pick?

I know playing for Howard didn’t work out for Makur Maker. Although Baldwin has his dad as coach, he’s not getting exposure or the resources like he would had he chosen a top program…

2 Likes

Pretty sure he’s lottery. I read Vecenie on Twitter saying it was hard to evaluate because the guards were so bad.

4 Likes

Also florida might be legit. They got some transfers and returners from their tourney team last year.

Well Baldwin was a much better high school player than Makur so that alone will throw off any comparison of the two situations.

1 Like

Yeah Makur is older, but both him and Baldwin were 5 stars so not much talent disparity from the professional evaluators.

If Reddish had the year he did at Milwaukee rather than Duke, I would bet he would have fallen out of the lottery.

Pat is having a tough shooting year thus far. Makes it tougher for scouts as well to evaluate given competition and teammates.

There is a huge difference between a top 5-10 ranked 5 star and a 15-20 ranked 5 star. The drop off at the top of the rankings is giant.

Plus Baldwin should actually play most of the year. And shooting forwards are more valued than defensive centers. Idk the scenarios are so different that I don’t think you will be able to lump Baldwin and Makur together to make conclusions in any sort of intelligible way.

2 Likes

This too-early NBA draft prediction has Keels going #11 in next year’s draft. Perhaps he is a OAD.

4 Likes

Nice of Chet Holmgren to demonstrate a textbook carry in his photo.

3 Likes

I think he’s moving towards OAD, but #11 seems way too high, I think. Vecenie tends to be the first one I listen to, though he’s not the be-all end-all. Sam seemed to think Keels was more in that 30-45 or so category after the Kentucky game. To sniff the lottery, Keels needs to shoots 40% plus for the whole year, at volume. And keep doing the other things at a high level.

2 Likes

The stat sheet will say McKoy hit a 3 for UNC against Purdue but let the record show he banked it in from the top of the key and it was fugly.

3 Likes

Good game. UNC will be able to score with anybody - from the Ivy League to Final 4 contenders. TBD whether they can stop anyone

2 Likes

Look at average points against in 4 games. To your point. No wonder I had 16 one game in the Dean Dome

7 Likes

UNC loses to Purdue. Louisville struggles w Detroit Mercy and what, Cuse loses to Colgate by 15, 100-85. Dropped 100 on the Cuse Zone!

3 Likes