'21 - '22 In-Season ACC Basketball Chat

Interesting update on this — on the Vecenie/Pennie draft pod, Matt took Keels at 14 in their mock. Said he’s probably more like 20. Sam seemed to think even 20 was high, but I got the impression even he thought he was a first rounder. So there you go…

2 Likes

Colgate scored twice what we will score on the Cuse zone.

3 Likes

You can’t expect to compete against/recruit against that toothpaste money.

And with that garbage tier joke, have a goodnight all!

5 Likes

VT lookin terrible early, Memphis has 4 turnovers and Tech is still down 7

1 Like

I’m not particularly impressed with Memphis either though.

2 Likes

Holy shit Memphis is so dumb

Memphis is playing well defensively. And the refs are calling it loose.

I think VT has a pretty balanced team. I don’t trust them to consistently beat teams they should
In ACC to take the conference but they’ll come tough for the big games.

1 Like

Wow. Pitt just getting hammered by Vandy.

I thought Pitt was on the cusp of turning it around. I know they lost a lot, but I felt like they were getting there culturally. That cannot be an attractive landing spot for whoever the next coach is.

I think Capel is done. He was supposed to at least be able to bring in talent even if he was still working out the Xs and Os, but that roster is terrible now. It’s probably going to be a bad bad season for them and they have no cavalry on the horizon as recruiting has seemingly fallen apart.

1 Like

Emoni Bates is one of the most frustrating players to watch I’ve ever seen. He’s completely out of control and reckless most of the time, just chucking up terrible shots, but every once in a while he’ll make an absolutely insane play. A human slot machine

8 Likes

Also Tech fans are having their own version of anti-Kihei hysteria with the Storm Murphy experience lol

2 Likes

Yeah, he seemingly has ability but can’t discern what’s a good shot. He’s throwing weird underhand looping shots around defenders and stuff. Frustrating.

2 Likes

Bates defending the rare 11 point shot with .02 left. Bold.

4 Likes

Yeah I laughed out loud

1 Like

To be 150, Larry Brown looks pretty good.

7 Likes

Team really misses radford.

1 Like

Prentiss Hubb, who was named to the ACC preseason second team despite never shooting over 40% from the field in his career, is currently shooting 24% from the field, 14% from three, and 50% from the line through ND’s first four games. I’m sure he’ll revert somewhat, but what a rough start. I still don’t really understand that ACC selection.

2 Likes

Didn’t Hubb want to commit to us, but the staff backed off?

I can’t quite remember. I remember we were involved with him to some extent, but that’s it.

He had another rough game tonight, going 2-7 from the field, 1-5 from three, and giving up 8 turnovers on his own.

Notre Dame’s Maui result was about as bad of an outcome from a tournament resume perspective as could have happened. In three games, they only won one, and that was against Chaminade. Not only has Hubb not taken a step forward, but Laszewski has taken a big step back to start the season. I don’t know what’s going on with him - he almost looks disinterested out there - but they’ll need him to bounce back. They also don’t seem to trust much of their bench and have only played seven guys, which isn’t a great sign.

Human slot machine is fantastic

5 Likes