'21 Virginia Football

Way off topic but have ya’ll seen this story? Wild. Fake prep school, coach with active warrants, 20 year old former JUCO players, and they get a game on ESPN. Makes the stuff that happens in basketball look tame.

10 Likes

This is one of the wildest and funniest stories Ive read. Insane that it happened

1 Like

Yea think that was his only in game fumble but the reports were that it had been an issue in practice. Haven’t heard the same this year so maybe he’s fixed whatever the problem was.

1 Like

Just FYI…

9 Likes

Is this good or bad for Bryce? Presumably they are keeping him as a third since they didn’t think he’d clear waivers. In which case he may have had a better opportunity (maybe as a backup) elsewhere?

2 Likes

My take is he was most likely going to be a practice squad pickup if the Rams cut him. Some who cover the Rams are saying he could be their QB of the future. He as really opened some eyes.

1 Like

I think it’s good for Bryce. Looking around the league a lot of teams are moving to the 3 or even 4 QB approach for the season. With COVID protocols etc, They don’t want to get caught playing a random newbie on a Weds night.

2 Likes

Let’s not gloss over the fact that he’s now making the NFL minimum. Which is something like $36K/week.

On the practice squad he would be making $9,200/week.

10 Likes

Plus, Bryce Perkins is, despite the naysaying of some earlier in his career, an NFL quarterback. Even if, God forbid, he suffers some horrible practice injury and never plays a down, he made it out of training camp as a QB on an NFL roster.

Hopefully this is just the start for him, but no matter what happens Bryce Perkins is forever an NFL quarterback now.

11 Likes
7 Likes

LOL How did I miss that too damn funny.

Football season is here!!!

20 Likes

Time for BallHawk to drop knowledge

6 Likes

Fact set us straight BallHawk tell me why I’m wrong and I need to go back and watch the damn tapes.

1 Like

Listen to the pod we just did. I think these guys give the most honest assessment of where this team is at that you will find. Lots to be excited about, but also concerns. It was a privilege to sit down with them. They know the game (and this team) so well.

11 Likes

Did it get posted yet?

Right here!

7 Likes

Alright coach I’ll give it a listen

My goal is not to show where or why you are wrong with you opinion. I’m just here to show a different way to view things and better understand different aspects of the game. My intent is to never just dismiss your stance fam.

8 Likes

You’re too kind. And I appreciate the different point of view. I try to always base my opinions in reality and my experience so nothing should be too off the wall.

1 Like