'21 Virginia Football

All good fam. I respect that approach for sure.

1 Like

The lockdown feed for anyone looking on apple podcasts.

The podcast was good. @PhonyBennett @IAmBallHawk were great. Felt like we were on the same page for most of our outlooks. Armstrong performance was the only thing we differ on. But the more I think on that I wonder if some of his passing inaccuracy is the result of taking so many hits off designed runs. Makes it tough to get your legs under you when they are wobbly.

2 Likes

Hits didn’t play a role in his inability to consistently be accurate fam.

2 Likes

Remember the one hit that hurt him he was actually sliding. BA doesn’t get hit clean on his runs.

1 Like

True I respect that wasn’t sure if the hits could have played a roll. I’ll admit he played better as the year went on. I think if he is put into the right position with the right playcalls he’ll make plays. Hope he’s given enough opportunities to do that.

All this talk is getting me fired up for football season. Needed something to get me going.

4 Likes

So am I Dragon. I’m going to come up for a game or 2 this year. Have they got any covid-19 restrictions in place?

Great pod guys! Just want to point out that the kicking game is vastly improved in accuracy and has consistently improvement in distances in the NFL over the last 20 years @PhonyBennett I’d bet college has followed a similar trend. We just remember the missed more than the makes.

1 Like

Never trust a college kicker. Ask any gambler.

1 Like

I don’t trust any college football players enough to gamble on them lol I save that for the NFL

appreciate that feedback. Cov doesn’t allow folks to talk about kickers hahahaha

5 Likes

Call me immature, but the Mercer kicker who missed the final PAT for a 69-0 win is my hero.

1 Like

Just dawned on me I predicted a 43-18 final score on the show with @IAmBallHawk and TCov, and I want to make sure I get credit for being half right.

5 Likes

Edit: Just realized this was one of their “premium” articles… It pretty much says he had a great time and loved hanging out with all of his HS teammates without thinking about being a 5-star… and they interviewed him direct as opposed to his mom!

5 Likes

Coaches Poll:

Others Receiving Votes : Auburn 123; Michigan 99; LSU 95; NC State 81; Liberty 78; Brigham Young 65; Indiana 58; Texas Christian 49; Central Florida 48; Florida State 34; Michigan State 33; Kentucky 28; Pittsburgh 20; UL Lafayette 19; Kansas State 19; Boston College 19; Appalachian State 15; SMU 14; Rutgers 11; Arkansas 11; Maryland 9; Tennessee 7; Nevada 7; Fresno State 7; Army 7; Tulane 6; Virginia 5; San Jose State 5; Missouri 5; Ball State 5; Marshall 3; UAB 2; Air Force 2; Charlotte 1.

5 Likes

So… you’re telling me there’s a ch… vote.

Edit - Plus, its nice to be solidly ahead of Charlotte, who even have a power 5 win!

3 Likes

I would read into this, but the coaches poll is notoriously awful and responsible for kneejerk reactions based off scores.

2 Likes

I always look at the bottom of the “Others Receiving Votes” in polls to understand the idiocy of polling in general. There are always those 1 and 2 votes that you wonder who voted that way.

3 Likes

Haha exactly there’s always some random team. So many coaches have admitted to not having a clue and only looking at the previous scores, or having assistants handling the polls.

1 Like

I’m not sure barely squeaking past one of the 2 or three worst teams in the Power 5 merits a Top 25 vote, but good for Will Healy. It was probably Cutcliffe who voted for them.

2 Likes