'21 Virginia Football

We have a lineman on a mission now. I can’t remember his name but he is the highest ranked player in the Mendenhall era

HIs name is Andrew Gentry. He graduated from Columbine High School in Colorado (yes, that one). Andrew is currently serving his mission in Argentina and is scheduled to join the program in 2022. Wayne Taulapapa also served an LDS mission before joining the program.

8 Likes

This defense is sad. Good lord. D-line just quit and let the QB have 45 minutes to make a pass

2 Likes

Anderson and Bball team at the game

1 Like

Wake Forest has by far the best defense we have played against. Stupid going for it on 4th down

1 Like

And yes this defense is embarrassing

I’ve watched a lot of college football in my 54 years, and this is probably the worst stretch of defense over 5 quarters I’ve ever seen.

7 Likes

I mean, the defense is a joke. I don’t know how we got to this point. I’d take semi-competent, but they just give up massive plays after massive play. It’s… crazy.

1 Like

And what honestly bummed me out the most last week was how Bronco talked about the defensive performance. He didn’t seem to think that much was wrong. Just some poor execution. I’m generally on the pro-Bronco side relative to many, but if he can’t see how bad this unit is performing… I mean that’s concerning.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that Bronco has a losing record at UVA.

1 Like

I don’t expect a lot out of the football team but Wake can’t have a better program than us. I’m not saying hot seat but time to start evaluating.

3 Likes

Do other ACC teams have punters?

3 Likes

It’s crazy cause Bronco got us to an Orange bowl and got the beat vt monkey off our backs. But we are getting Clemsoned and Oregoned by conference rivals we are supposed to be equal footing on, if not better than.

Don’t think it’s hot seat time but it’s definitely a coordinator and positional coach need to be canned time

4 Likes

But hey, on the bright side we just landed some recruits who won’t play for us for like 4 years.

5 Likes

He had one good year. Seemed like we were on a good track. But this defense is getting manhandled at home by wake. Speaks to recruiting problems. Or something. I don’t know. I’ve had a bourbon or five and this is just sad.

4 Likes

Whole thing is just sad. I want Bronco to succeed. He’s weird, but I generally like him. I like that he’s trying to establish a culture and recruit good kids. And it has seemed like we were moving in the right direction generally at times.

I don’t want to let a couple games nix years of development (we were in a bad bad place when London left), but the way the secondary played last year and the way the whole defense is playing this year is just bad to a level that it makes you not mad about one game, but question what is going on. And Bronco is meant to be a defensive guy. So what is happening exactly?

Anyway, I’m going to stop overreacting in game.

1 Like

Why not? They have 21st century facilities. We don’t. Until we upgrade the football center the next coach will be worse than Bronco.

great point. he is weird

1 Like

It may seem like the right coping mechanism but don’t waste good bourbon on this… new narrative is that CBM can’t make chicken salad out chicken shit all the time… need to upgrade the facilities to recruit better…

First of all I never said anything about good bourbon. Second of all I forgot my other point.

6 Likes