'21 Virginia Football

500 IQ Dr. Bob sees this and adds in 40 more plays with Brennan slotted at wide receiver. His knees be damned.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Is there a plan to give smaller donors an opportunity to buy a brick on a walkway or wall for the Master Plan complex? I’d spend a couple grand for something like that.

4 Likes

It certainly is. If we win this game the momentum will be hard to stop. I expect UVA to play smash mouth physical football.

Good breakdown from @stlouhoo of football so far.

https://hoosplace.com/2021/09/15/football/6023/

4 Likes

Me “yeah there should be opportunities to encourage people who can donate $5 or $10”

Me “oh I think we have a different understanding of “small donor””. They should give you season tickets for life that lol

8 Likes

I remember getting a kick out of maybe VAF or some alumni groups recruiting us when it was our last couple of weeks on grounds. They were like “Begin giving back to UVA!” and all I could say was “For the past four years I have literally given you more money than I possessed. Maybe when I finish paying off the people I borrowed money from to pay you, I’ll think about giving you more money.” Nothing against them - they’re doing their jobs - but was hilarious to me as a broke 21 year old.

9 Likes

Can I say LOL VT here? Because LOL VT.

5 Likes

Yes you can.i hate how bad the ACC has been today but that never applies to Va Tech

3 Likes

Vpi sucks. Much like Duke.

4 Likes

We are who we thought we are. Soft as a baby’s bottom on defense.

Howell is 4/5 182 yds and 3 td. Ludicrous.

4 Likes

Pathetic

Better pray we get a regression back to the mean soon…

1 Like
15 Likes

Huge gets today!

3 Likes

I’m sure these guys will contribute but not gonna lie hard for me to care about recruits who won’t even see the field until 2025 at the earliest.

6 Likes

Agreed glad they signed them. But it’s tough with the guys who go on missions that’s a long time before they arrive on grounds ane could be very different people when they do. That said it does have it’s benefits allowing guys to mature mentally and physically. But overall a signing like this doesn’t get me overly jazzed about the future of the program.

3 Likes

Agreed. All that being said the strategy has obviously worked for BYU over a period of decades. Just hard to get excited about individual prospects that take the 2 year trips.

2 Likes

Any more news on this? I haven’t seen or heard a thing since this post.

For sure BYU and Utah has done well with it. And Tuliapa sat out for a Mission before coming in. It works, I tend to think it works better for the linemen but don’t recall many skill position guys doing it. Grobe did something similar at Wake back in the day essentially redshirting everyone and it was by far the most relevant Wake has ever been in football.

2 Likes