2nd AAU live period

Watched about 5 min of the Team Final game. Jameel Brown looking uninterested on defense and like he has cement blocks for feet on offense.

Glad we’re no longer on that recruitment.

1 Like

I think UNC is in a unique position in the 2022 recruiting cycle. First, they’re out of scholarships for 2022. Second, according to VerbalCommits, they have 10 outstanding offers. I imagine some of those are no longer actionable. Regardless, I’m guessing that they want to show the recruits who have committed some love. We could see today’s performance replicated with Shaver and Washington, whenever they might hit the court. Then, they are confronted with the questions: 1. Does Coach Davis over recruit the 2022 class in anticipation of early departures next spring (and, if so, how much attrition does he think there will be)? or 2. Does he wait until spring to fill in the holes from the transfer portal? And, neither of these two alternatives takes into account the fact that some elite prospects might wait until April to commit (see Trevor Keels).

I could also see their primary reason for being there as an effort to scout 2023 (and beyond) prospects.

1 Like

I got a quick glance at Bennett’s unmistakable salt & pepper in the front row watching Isaac Traudt. Bill Self hanging out on the baseline. He was there watching his commit in the last game.

7 Likes

I think UNC is fully expecting Garcia Bacot and Caleb Love to be gone after this season. Having no one for Traudt’s game means they are out me thinks which is what @HoozGotNext has been saying for like ever anyways.

Biggest threat is Hoiberg followed by if Michigan/UCLA/Oklahoma/Maybe Gonzaga push this to a fall recruitment.

The UNC writer even made the point that Traudt and his Family were making note of who was showing up at his games, and they had no one at his first game right now.

3 Likes

Bill Self :-1:

5 Likes

Orlando Antigua on our left, J-Willy’s right. One of the two KY->IL->KY coaches.

Went to St Ray’s. Has a bullet in his head. I love Wikipedia and have a special fondness for Bronx minutia. Would pay to hear the silly coaching chit-chat at these things…

2 Likes

“Hey thanks for stealing both SKJ and Johnny Juzang from us. Really cool of you. Sorry we getting Reed Sheppard though. No hard feelings”.

Watched the 90 second preview for Traudt’s game. Literally 10 seconds in he pulls up and hits the 3 pretty effortlessly. Yup

11 Likes

Traudt might be OAD

3 Likes

I think 3, maybe (like 5%) 2 years.

He’s more mobile and athletic than Matthew Hurt. Does he have that aggressive mind set though? Sometimes

1 Like

Tayshawn Comer is my new favorite 5’10" PG. He’s been guarding Seth Trimble and outplaying him on both ends.

1 Like

If he comes in and makes a big impact he could get drafted on potential. He’s tall. I don’t know how well he really shoots the 3 though.

1 Like

Oops posted in the wrong thread. Grainy screenshot from the live stream. TB standing with his arms crossed, Bill Self next to him leaning against the wall. Nebraska Supreme rolled. They started the game on a 22-0 run.

Screenshot (13)

4 Likes

With UNC maybe out for Traudt, I wonder if there is another school or 2 who could muck things up and delay the process. Seems like Duke may not come calling.

1 Like

And w UNC maybe waiving the white flags who’s the biggest competition? Time?

If Kansas steals both Traudt and Bobi from us :rage: :rage:

3 Likes

Has Traudt put anything out there about his timeline? I vaguely remember his mentioning the Fall. With official visits complete, you have to think he pulls the trigger soon…

Gonzaga is the biggest potential threat for Traudt.

5 Likes

Ugh they are back in the picture. And they have Hunter Sallis from Nebraska on their team.

Latest interview made it seem like end of summer possibly. we’ll see

Totally believe it and you can see what they’d sell him on, but don’t they already have a lot of big skilled forwards? Or are they expected to have slots opening up for 2022?

1 Like