2nd AAU live period

I thought nebraskans hated Kansas

Just saw the gonzaga writer say (recently) there is still the issue of already having Ben Gregg and that they have depth/it makes it hard to recruit Traudt into that situation. Also Gonzaga still prefers AJ Casey and pairing him with someone like Yohan Traore

3 Likes

Has Few been to any of his games so far?

Few is with Team USA. Wasn’t out last week. Don’t know about this week

1 Like

Watching the Philly Pride 16u with Al Amadou. He’s got the physical tools you’d want in an athletic 4. Thinks he’s a wing on offense. Maybe in a few years. He’s really a 2022 academically. Definitely a reclass and redshirt candidate.

1 Like

The dude said Villanova was his dream school. Why bother?

Gonzaga swooping in late and taking a recruit from us in a Duke-like way would be tough to take. That just shouldn’t happen

3 Likes

Same aau program as Hunter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COdIO7ULN3i/

7 Likes

I think this is Coach Getter at Adidas in Omaha.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMe9-ZnLO-C/

9 Likes

They (Villanova) haven’t even made contact for one. Even if they did, don’t think that means it’s a done deal.

1 Like

So that’s all assistants accounted for? No one in Louisville for Bond? Or does that not start tol tomorrow?

Bond plays twice tonight . If I were planning Bennett’s itinerary he’d leave TX after Traudts 2nd game and make it to Louisville in plenty of time for Bonds 930 start. Could even see Xavier Booker on the same court in the game before…let’s see if it happens.

9 Likes

Why? Gonzaga has emerged as up there with Duke and Kentucky on the trail over the last two cycles. They’ve leapfrogged even UNC and Kansas. We might not like that perception but they’ve been able to elevate themselves on the trail.

1 Like

That all very true, but the Traudt’s strike me as the type that appreciates all the time and effort UVA has put in and might not fall head over heels for a last min Zags or Duke for that matter offer. I also kinda feel like CTB would know by now if Isaac was ‘holding out’ for an offer like that and his action would like show us. IE he wouldn’t be birddogging him around the country

4 Likes

Apparently Cupps visited back in June too.

Cupps used June to “get a feel” for different campuses, taking visits to Xavier, Cincinnati, Ohio State, Liberty, Virginia and Michigan.

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/basketball/gabe-cupps-a-hot-commodity-in-2023-point-guard

8 Likes

I think who watches Bond this weekend will be something to watch. Kinda guessing he has a pretty good idea where he is going and coaches recruiting him might have an idea.

1 Like

Damn, the UVa visits have been way under the radar with some kids.

3 Likes

Really just denial/jealousy on my part. I have no clue what they have to sell that we don’t. Great program, great coach, great development. Doesn’t make sense to me that they can take a Duke approach and steal top guys from other great programs but I guess I just have to accept that they can and will moving forward

1 Like

Before we offered. Funny no marquette mention :thinking:

4 Likes